• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Character wads helpful tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since this is my first and probably my only post, I thought I'd give some people help with character wads.
I know a bit about animations, and a lot about Sonic's past, so I hope I'm of some use. I hope I haven't posted this in the wrong place.

Well I'm going to start with animations.
When you insert character sprites (frames) make sure that they are all in proper place. For example, say you have a character called "man". When man jumps, he would need to bend his legs first, then jump. You would need to make sure his feet are always in the same place. This goes for running as well. I've noticed a few wads have cool sprites, but when they run it looks like they are jumping up and down really fast. You probably don't know what on Earth I am talking about.

Now I want to discuss Hyper Sonic.
People have had troubles with creating Hyper Sonic, so I have come up with a solution. Trust me. I know what I'm doing.
When Hyper Sonic is standing still, make him white.
When Hyper Sonic is waiting, make two sprites of his doing something, e.g foot tapping. When his foot is up his body colour should be pink/blue and when his foot is down, his body colour should be blue/pink.
When Hyper Sonic is moving, his body colour should change each time his body moves slightly. For example, foot out forward, body is green. Foot out forwards on the floor, body is blue, and so on.
Do you get what I'm saying here? Its just an idea because I did it on another sprite using game and it worked really well. Unfortunately I can't actually make wads, so all I can do is give advice.

Well, I expect to get in trouble for this, since I really am bad at doing things like this, but at least you get to see some of my ideas.
Let the insults toward me commence.

I really can't see that hyper sonic thing working, seeing as how hyper sonic only has six sprites. >>

Also, this is a Sonic game, who bends their legs before they jump?

This mean absolutely nothing if you haven't made any semi-decent character wads. And seeing as this is your first post......

No, it could mean something, even if he hasn't made a character yet...
However.
This isn't your average TGF/MMF game. You can't change how SRB2 animates things. A hyper form using this method is impractical.

Theretically, you can soc SRB2 superforms to use more sprites and then include all the extra colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back