Character WADS and strange colours

Status
Not open for further replies.
After looking through a few character WADs to understand how making one works better, I noticed that the sprites are all strangely coloured, and don't have the same colours as when they're loaded up ingame. What is this?

Nope... the only things I see when I press file are:

New, Open, Merge, Close, Clean Up, List Unused Textures.

Perhaps I should just use another editor?

Dunno. -snaps- The way I solved my color problem was opening a WAD WITH messed up colors. Go to CZ64's website and download the Charmy WAD. Open it up and your problems are solved!

And how would this help him? That would mean that WADs with screwed up colors are displayed properly, but it wouldn't fix the actual problem.

What you have to do to fix this permanently is this: Go to your XWE folder and open "xwe.ini" with Notepad. Press Ctrl+F and search for "MainWAD". When you have found it, you should see something like this: "MainWAD,C:\...\,srb2.srb". Look at the directory given there and change it so that it points to srb2.srb in your SRB2 v2.0 folder. But pay attention to the comma, it must be there.

EDIT:Ahh, forget it...

Awesome! Virt the Fox, helping WADDERS around the globe! Sorry. :P
You're doing it wrong.

You're teaching him the WRONG way. That is a 1.09.4 wad and it will screw up in 2.0(like hell it will) Because XWE uses DooM's palette as a default. So you need to set the IWAD to 2.0's IWAD so it can get the CORRECT palette.

To both SpiritCrusher and Wolfy, my way worked, and it's still working for me.
So you opened up a 1.09.4 WAD and then miraculously the colors were correct when you opened up a 2.0 WAD again? You're either using forbidden black magic or XWE is a weird program...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back