• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Character Wad in the works (Beta advailable in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua said:
Ehh, some people have problems...

Chaos Zero 64, why don't ya just post it on the srb2 website? It would just seems like the thing to do cause there are a few people who don't have and or use the IRC chatroom.

Seconded; we need more actual wads on the SRB2 website.

icon_www.png

I finally got around to looking at MetalSonic. Nice job. The jumping animation seems odd, though.

The character select screen's string is unterminated (Just like Shadow's! The only way to get around it is to make a # two lines below the end, so the # and the random character inserted after it are offscreen.)
The jumpheight can NOT exceede 100 outside of SPMoves, it will simply set it back down to 100 when you use it.
In order to have ALL of MetalSonic's colors change you must use only colors in the same range. Colors 241 through 246 are not in the same range as 202 through 207, so you'll have to recolor every single sprite of it.

I can do that. In fact, I will do that right now since I can do it perfectly and you probably won't do it at all. But of course, I can't actually DO anything with the wad afterwards unless you say so.

Hehe, I'm probably gonna even add a special case for it in SRB2JTE like I did for Shadow to give him a little jet thingy like the Eggmobile's, possibly the ability to make that funky electric shield thing, have a max speed somewhere between Sonic's and Super Sonic's, have the extended jumpheight, and have the ability to burst through things while running fast but not have the Speed Thok anymore.
(Edit: Done recoloring the whole thing. That was easy. :))

And having 51 of 180 sprites is quite good, actually. :wink:

If only you could program to make the springing animation thing possible, it'd be alot more like Amy in Sonic Advance like that :P.

JTE's Metal Sonic
since I have permission and all.
I fixed it up so the character select screen isn't funky, the colors all change (with a default of "dark blue" since I'm guessing you wanted it darker then Sonic) and ... Stuff. The SRB2JTE entry hasn't been started yet, though.

Oh, that's good, because I just realized I wasn't actually finished with it when I sent it to Kroze. I still have more to work out, such as problems with having both Shadow and Metal Sonic added and going from the standing animation into walking animation making you jump below the floor and such... ... ...

Chaos Zero 64 said:

i can't wait for the metals, why does everyone use tails doll as metal tails instead of metal tails? i have metal tails sprites, but they have to be re-sized

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back