• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Character Request!

Status
Not open for further replies.
o_o; Heh, that would be nice. To make the sprites though, you have to draw them all. Yes, all of them. then put it in the form of a plr. file.

I have all the necessary sprites. Standing from all angles, running from all angles, jumping from all angles, gliding from all angles, climbing,... :roll:

If I've forgotten any tell me. Otherwise, HELP ME MAKE MY CHARACTER, PLEASE!!!! I'M DESPERATE!!! :( :(

Once again, I have all the sprites. Just a few simple questions:

A) Is there a special picture format the sprites need to be in?
B) What is the transparency color?
C) Are there any necessary sprites missing from my list of completed sprites a few posts ago?

1. The format is a 256 color bmp file with the SRB2 palette. You can get the palette by viewing the palette of a PCX screenshot of SRB2.

2. Default is cyan. It can be anything you want, however.

3. Look for yourself. sonic.plr is simply a renamed WAD file. Simply open it in Wintex or DeepSea and you can view all the frames for Sonic.

I can make the software, I just don't know how to use a wad in VB 4. Can someone tell me how to make a wad editor in Visual Basic Standard 4.0?

The same way you make a wad editor in anything:

1. Learn how to read and write binary files.
2. Look at "The Unofficial Doom Specs" by Matt S. Fell.

Wow. That's about the worst bump I've ever seen. Read the rules, Smiling, or you'll probably regret it soon.

Lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back