• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Chaotic Duels Match Pack=Moving to realeases-Mods=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind

Agent Hack's original acc
Well, I've meant to finish SRBA but I crapped out on it.
So to make up for this I'm starting a match pack, I plan this on being one of the funnest match packs ever with socs, new music, and special features.

*BETA 1*

First of all I don't plan on making the socs and music my self, I plan on getting others involved with the project one to help out with the socs, one to help out on importing the music, and one for taking level select pictures if you wish to help PM me it will be gladly appreciated. :D

Beta 1 Done

Yes, Beta 1 of Chaos Duels is here, but don't rush to criticize me of how fast beta 1 came I took my time.

The levels are

Green Valley Zone (gonna be majorly edited)
Flooded Ruins Zone
Match Grounds Zone

The following to be in next beta (2)

Green Valley Zone (Edited)
Magma Way Zone
Isolated Snow Zone
City Nights Zone

I've still have not got any PM's for helping out with the project but in till then no new music or socs D= I'm currently learning on how to make level select pics tho.

Alright, time for some screen shots!

Green Valley Zone....
srb20000ja2.png

Flooded Ruins Zone...
srb20001hi3.png

Match Grounds Zone...
srb20002tm8.png

That's it for screens now its time for your download. =D
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/12mt_WMP_Beta1.wad

Beta 2 Done

Yes, while I'm still waiting for the staff of the project to import some new tunes I might as well release this to you guys now. =D

So far the whole project is at 45% done but the 2nd beta is at 100%

There are no screens needed because there are already some above.

==KNOW ISSUES AND WARNINGS==
Software Mode
Green Valley Zones sky is a redwall
Basicly all levels have a bit of frame rate lag
some points of Flooded Ruins and Isolated Snow zone may freeze the game for a bit and possibly cause srb2 to be non responsive.

Open GL mode
Green Valleys sky is still redwall and may cause other redwalls
All levels have horrible frame rate lag
All levels may freeze and possibly cause srb2 to be non responsive
Open Gl may cause the skies to cause a hall of mirror problems
Those with a bad CPU prosesser don't dare use Open Gl to play this pack as it may cause HORRIBLE HORRIBLE lag.

whew lots of issues and bugs but I will try to resolve them in the next beta.

Now it's time for Beta 2's download! NOTE: The packs name has been change from Wind's match pack to Chaos Duels.

No New Music Version
http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/496mt_ChaosDuels_Beta2.wad

New Music Version
To Be Released.

Please don't let the bugs keep you from playing this it's mostly for the low CPU prosesser people.

Beta 3

Alright, Half a month in development but it's finally done!

=Whats New?=

3 new levels.
Green Valley replaced.
Emerald Valley in Green Valley's place.
Many bug fixes in software mode. But open GL bugs still remain.

3 Screen Shots above.

Please, Rate, Comment ENJOY! ^^

Download: http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/638mt_ChaosDuels_Beta3.wad
I STILL NEED HELP ON THE PROJECT'S FEATURES PM ME IF YOU WISH TO HELP!!!!

See ya!
-Wind The Hedgehog

Honestly I believe I'm wasting my time with these levels this pack probably will not make it through releases I quit level making once this crap is done. -- But who cares?

Re: Wind's Match Pack Beta 1 (10% Done)

Wind said:
Well, I've meant to finish SRBA but I crapped out on it.
So to make up for this I'm starting a match pack, I plan this on being one of the funnest match packs ever with socs, new music, and special features.

*BETA 1*

First of all I don't plan on making the socs and music my self, I plan on getting others involved with the project one to help out with the socs, one to help out on importing the music, and one for taking level select pictures if you wish to help PM me it will be gladly appreciated. :D

Alright so far the project is at 10% complete I'll be updating this topic after every 5% is complete when I get done to up to the third map I will release beta 1. :D

Alright This is the first map of Wind's Match Pack (I plan on giving this another name) called Green Valley Zone here are some screens.

srb20000kw1.png

srb20001hu8.png

MY FIRST FOF OVER FOF YAY!!!!111!!!
srb20002yg3.png

srb20003qt3.png

Well that's it for the Screenies now it's time for the download.

Get it here-> http://srb2ffh.supersanctuary.net/947mt_GVZ.wad

Rate, Comment, and Enjoy! :D

Well, it looks like a rip off of that one map (Name not remembered ATM.) in SRB2, but otherwise, this looks rather nice. You figured out how to stack multiple FOF's, and at your level of WADing I find that remarkable. Nice. It looks kinda bland though, and you put grass at the bottom of a lake, that never looks very good. But all in all, it looks better than most of the things you have done. Nice. I'll play it when I get the chance.

There's nothing significantly different about this level from Sapphire Falls that would make it worth playing. See, Dandjr Palace had a vastly different enemy placement (I find it odd that I loved that so much) and much cooler-looking visuals to separate it from Aerial Garden Zone Act 1, despite the sector layouts being so very similar. With this one, you took Sapphire Falls and made it worse, and there was nothing majorly different to back it up. This WAD would also probably find itself in Releases - Trash.

You should stop canceling your mods, just work on one and finish it. Also, with this level, all you did was change sapphire fall zone's textures...

Jellybones69 said:
You should stop canceling your mods, just work on one and finish it. Also, with this level, all you did was change sapphire fall zone's textures...

No I did not, I based this map off of Sapphire Falls but I did not take the map and redid the textures I built the map myself testing my FOF over FOF abilities. And this is how it turned out yes, It's a Rip off of Sapphire Falls Zone but there is a difference between the two which makes my map special in my opinion. Don't like it that's fine but don't complain that it is a rip off of the srb2 level because I darn know that it is.

>.>"

I haven't played this, but your underwater pit looks deeper than it needs to be. For Tails' sake, cut the depth in half.

I'm currently working on the second map of the pack "Flooded Ruins Zone"
but I'm in a rut I've finished the basic layout but I suddenly got a lack of creativity. I assume this might take around 2-4 days to complete. >_<

Note: SRB2 Doom Builder is being a B**** because it seems to be lagging horribly in 3D mode which hardly gets anything done since I do most of my map editing in 3D mode but I think I'm really in for this pack so the beta will be here eventually.

I'm sorry but I have to agree with SRB2SonicWikiMaster.
It looks way too much like Sapphire Falls for comfort.

Even if this level looks like Sapphire Falls Zone dose not make it unplayable for wind's sake! please stop complaining about the rip off I KNOW!!!

Well if people keep complaining about it, then it's obviously a problem. You should take this as a hint that your level simply isn't enjoyable because it's too similar too Sapphire Falls, and on top of that it downgrades the quality of it too. There's tons of other themes you could work with, try a random texture set if you have to, maybe it will give you ideas!

Lol, to be honest ice when you said try a random texture set I Immediately thought of the official third level for the pack!

[spoiler:b433bc2e3f]Match Grounds Zone (uses lots of textures)[/spoiler:b433bc2e3f]

Flooded Ruins Zone is complete it took me roughly 2 whole days of mapping excluding school but it's finally done! :D Were just one map away from the beta wish me luck on Match Grounds Zone!

Beta 1 =15% Done!=

Here's my review of the 3 match levels:

Green Valley: Beeing a rip-off of a famous match zone, it doesn't interest anyone. There are 2 problems in here:
Too many rings
Too many air bubbles
Result: 3/10

Flooded Ruins: Still too many rings, and too many water shield boxes, and a useless fire shield box, take out the fire shield box, and left ONLY a water shield box, but hide it in a place where people are not used to get there, and the map looks too big, try to put it more smaller, but it was an improvement in mapping, in terms of creation. Also, put some air bubbles in the water.
Result: 4,5/10

Match Grounds: Certainly the best between the 3 of the maps; there are still alot of rings, but it has the perfect size. Also, homing rings FAILZ in here, put automatic rings and rail rings instead.
Result: 6/10

Overall: 4/10, not bad, but the only map that was interesting was Match Grounds. Also, you always put red springs, which is useless in some parts, such as the underwater parts, which makes me to take out 0,5 points of the overall.

Thank you for your review of the beta.

I'll still need help on the project if it's gonna get through beta 2.
X_x

Wind said:
I'm still open for anyone who wishes to help!

Music importer/converter = No one found D;
Level Select pic taker = No one found D;
Socing = No one found D; (Socs are needed to enhance match play)
Beta Testing = Not needed yet my internet is bad X_X

I'll do em' all. =D

Oh my GOD! Really you can do them all.

OH BOY now betas will be here sooner!

But are you SURE you wish to help out on the project I mean you have your own mod to work on but if you still wish to help just PM me donovan.

===

Oh goodies. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back