Chaotic Darkness Demo 3 (scr_chaoticdarknessdemo3.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This pack is/was a leader in many ways. It was the first pack to have full act 3s that I know of, and is still the only one to have the act 3 boss in the normal level, not in a separate area reached through a teleporter. It also had some very nice fake slopes in LFZ3. All in all, a very nice pack.

The fake slopes weren't even mine. :E I REALLY need to redesign that level. Into what though I haven't a clue.

Anyways, some good news for people who liked this mod; I'm getting a bit of extra help now so I'm almost certain I can continue this now. (Guilt trips man, guilt trips) As such, I've been working on finishing, and I mean ULTIMATELY finishing the multiplayer segment of it. (Which is large mind you) I've finished all the match, CTF and almost all the circuit levels. I'm about a few ring placements away from finishing my little S3&K circuit renditions and I must say; these are FAR better than Angel Island and Ice Cap!

Flying Battery:

Flying Battery's Start.
I know this wasn't exactly in the level but bear with me, I tried!
Multiple Routes.
The ever famous off the bottom route. (Yes, I see that red wall too)

Sandopolis:

Sandopolis' Start.
Sandy path complete with trees.
Into a temple.
Inside said temple!
Broken pieces.
Up then down?
The specatular part of this level; climbing a pyramid!
The grand pyramid.
Through it?
Behind the pyramid is...the beginning?

Sky Sanctuary:

A start in the sky.
Through a bit more...
A prized fountain in the sanctuary.
More runways.
Across a bridge.
The bouncy clouds!
Into a teleporter...
...and out again!
Climbing up the remaining parts of the sanctuary.
The final teleporter.

Tell me what you think of the shots. I know it doesn't perfectly emulate the stages but it really wasn't meant to. :P

These screens of the Megadrive remake levels are superb ^.^

If only for adding these levels, please make another update for Chaotic Darkness.

Yeah okay, so I decided to try this again. Why? This is why:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/JJames/srb20084.png
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v340/JJames/srb20085.png

I'll tell you one thing; if I haven't gotten better at making maps more playable, I've at least gotten better at making maps look better at least. Expect a revamped LFZ1 and 3 as well as lots of new match, CTF and circuit stages. However, that'll be Demo 3.5. :P Demo 4 should have three new emerald stages and two new complete zones of which I've already started developing for.

I love this mod it realy brings out an adventure.
Your design of the mod is wonderfull.
Keep up the good work.

I'm on an SRB2 frenzy, and i end up here?

Well i'd like a reupload too, but i made a mistake somewhere and now he's a FlyFF addict like me, forsaking SRB2 almost entirely. :D

SORRY JJ, I PROMISE I'LL FINISH THE TITLE SCREEN IMAGES..UH...IN APRIL...OR MAY. D:

I unfortunately can't reupload because the hosting service which I specifically paid for is being a complete ass right now. >_>

Seriously, I paid for it a couple days ago and got my information, where the **** is my webspace? I'll get it up in due time don't worry.

And I'm not a total FlyFF addict. I've been working on CD a lot the past few days and I've gotten a huge amount of levels done. The reason why you don't see it now is because...well, see above.

Yeah, but you're missing the rest of the time too. Surely your hosting service isn't capable of hindering IM activity, since it's, yaknow, not your ISP. *SHOT*

Well, you know, JJames, that we do have access to Sepwich and can upload stuff there in a pinch, right? ^_~

You do. Do I? I'm not so sure. I KNOW my account here at Sepwich was del0rted and I'm totally unsure of how to get a new one as the site continues changing so much...I can't even find the forums anymore.

Though I guess I could just use the add-ons section right?

Well I should have a beta of the next demo done by tomorrow. (I say beta because it'll be lacking a few SP levels I intend to include in the next demo release) After that I'll begin working on the real meat. Besides, I need LFZ1 and 3 to be tested thoroughly. My friends all suck at it. =< *shot*

I resent that, you never gave ME a try at it. D:

Although i'd probably fail too, even Mystic Realm's too much for me :<

Exactly.

Anyways, I've been in a bit of a slump lately...I haven't gotten much sleep. (I stayed up a nice 40 hours a day ago. Yeesh.) I hope to get on my toes and make at least one last map before releasing a beta of the next demo soonish. It won't be much, I'll admit, but it's all I can muster for the time being. Hope you enjoy the new enemies and new levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back