• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Carnival Night Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HNI5SQwdj4
Sorry for the quality of both the video and music.

Here are some screenshots of my WIP wad:

srb20009nu5.png

Here are the golden sonic statues. The soc was made by Draykon.
I modified and recolored the sprites so that it will colour the entirety of sonic's body.

srb20010xl4.png

With some pegging, I can make some nice "hanging" textures. They are animated too.

srb20011ff4.png

Same, only that here I use "enders", which, as they sound,end the texture, to give it a more polished look. (Bar the black line which shows where it connects)

srb20012lm6.png

More pegging, this time to create flag rows. There are two flag textures, one with the flags pointing right, and the other with flags pointing left. (It's made so that you can look at both sides of a linedef and the flags will point in the same direction.)

srb20013kr7.png

Here's a bit clearer, I hope.

There are also more textures with "enders" too, which aren't shown on the shots, but in the video you can see one big raised rectangle with them.
Downside to this is that you have to use linedefs that are multiples of 128 to make them connect properly.

Since I don't want this to be released publicly yet, I might hand out the latest versions as private betas to trusty users, and here I'm handing out an outdated version.

Download.

After I am done with the texture work, I'm going to try and make a good level, problem is that I'd need somebody who can SOC very good for some of my ideas to come to fruitition. If you are as good as Prime 2.0 (or you ARE Prime 2.0, send me a PM!)

UPDATE 1/20/08 -------

srb20017gb1.png

FINALLY, I got randomly colored balloons to work!

Fun Facts:

-Almost every texture has 30 or more framesof animation! After doing the math, I calculated that the entire work of ripping almost all of the textures would take me about 12 hours total. It took me way more than that and I'm still not done ripping.

-I haven't had Internet connection at home for about a month, so I had to browse the wiki from awkward places.

-The golden sonic statue fix was done in one day, TODAY!

-There are bumper sprites inside the wad but for some reason the soc was never finished. Who knows?

Will add more as I remember them.

This is the most awesome thing ever created. I loved Carnival Night Zone.

THANK YOU.

Now make a level out of this ASAP. :O

Great job on the aesthetics. I'm interested to see how you execute the level design.

No barrels, please. :P

Don't evade the curse filter please the barrels are awesome

And all you need to do to get it work in SRB2 are linedef executors for spinning while on top of the barrel and jumping above the barrel.

EDIT: I wasn't evading the curse filter. Whichever admin that edited that in probably had the curse filter set to off and forgot. =/

Well, sonic 3 was a 2D game, which meant no floors, which leaves mewith nothing to work on flats.
I could make some custom textures but:
A) I'm afraid I'll suck
2) Grass goes well with this, gives it a "carny" and open air feeling
III) I can't use grass forever though, it'll get old, and look weird on FOFs, which means I'll either have to make more textures or make do with what there is on SRB2.
I am deeply grateful for all your positive comments.

It's pretty nice, honestly, although I'll be more eager when you take those pretty textures and make a real stage with them.

Also the balloons should pop <_<

damnit, just DAMNIT! You just had to take my idea....*sigh* everytime when I was in the car driving, I always think about making this, but just had to take it. If only I had quicker level making skillz. Well, I could always make a different version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back