Can we edit other peoples wads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dash.

well its goin to take a long time to create a wad from scratch. And most of the stuff I see is really complecated so I was thinking of editing mysticshadowdemo.wad. am I allowed

If you have their permission.

Of course, if it's not an ultra-extensive unrecognizable edit, chances are it'll look like crap anyways. No one here is going to approve of anything less than a WAD of original sprites. So you can if you have SMS' permission, but I STRONGLY recommend against it.

Mystic said:
13. Do not post someone else's work as your own. Plagiarism is stealing, and will be dealt with accordingly. Make sure to ask permission from the original author before attempting to improve or use some of his or her work. Don't try to cheat the system; all you'll get is a ruined reputation.

Read the rules first.

If you're just gonna keep it on your harddrive, and never give it away, you're free to do whatever the hell you want. But that ONLY applies to private WADs.

Then practice...it's not that hard once you get in the hang of it. Make a level, post it on the forums, get input, and repeat. You'll get good. Also, try to read your posts before you post them. I've seen much worse spelling/grammar, but bad spelling/grammar still annoys me and is hard to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back