Can wads curse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm... I've heard the f word once in a PG-13 movie. Just, whatever you do, don't have the f word in it.

Well, in my ancient character WAD the character select screen had some profanity on it, and a few people complained. So it's probably best to stay away from it.

But, do what you want.

It did? *Goes to check Draykon.wad* Well, I don't see any profanity.
And Jman if I were you only use the words that aren't cencored on the MB.

I saw one in my downloads folder that was a sewar word. All I can say is that it rymed with duck.

Man, it's a real shame that nobody here has heard of GTASRB2...
I won't go into much detail about it. Imagine Ritz, Omega, Jake, Bigboi, and myself, thinking of stuff that FAR exceeds PG-13. ^_~

Spazzo said:
I won't go into much detail about it. Imagine Ritz, Omega, Jake, Bigboi, and myself, thinking of stuff that FAR exceeds PG-13. ^_~
Hah, GTASRB2, nice one. I could just imagine Sonic mugging Tails on a street with the cops following him.

Shadow the Hedgehog was the Sonic version of GTA. Shadow has guns, steals cars, kills humans,etc. The only things he didn't do that GTA does are have gangs, do drugs, and have sexual content. :P

Cory the Hedgehog said:
Shadow the Hedgehog was the Sonic version of GTA. Shadow has guns, steals cars, kills humans,etc. The only things he didn't do that GTA does are have gangs, do drugs, and have sexual content. :P

And I believe the stuff he didn't do is in fact, what Spazzo was referring to.

Spazzo said:
Hahahaha.

Oh yes.

WADs can't curse. They're not sentient beings.

If you mean "can I put cursewords into WAD files", then of course you can. WADs are just ways of putting a bunch of files into one particular file (and into formats that DOOM, or in this case SRB2, can understand). It's not like the editors censor it for you - they don't operate under the same code of ethics that we do here.

That being said, I wouldn't dare submit a WAD on this message board containing content that knowingly breaks our rules - we WILL act upon such submissions as applicable (ranging from simply slapping "language warning" in there to flat-out removing access to the WAD). But as far as just putting cursing into the WAD? Nothing stopping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back