Can I use stuff from SUGOI like it's open assets?

What the titles says, can I use stuff from SUGOI without problems?

Mainly because I wanna specifically use the level select stuff it has to make a funny hub world, pretty sure it first appeared in SUGOI, not in any other like OLDC so,

otherwise; oh ok sorry :sadthumbsup:

(lets say a sonic generations fan got hold of the srb2 everybody run hes turning everything into a boost stage)

Pretty sure the level select system requires permission to use, not to mention that:
  1. You would still need to port the old level select system over from 2.1 into 2.2 yourself if you wanted to use the sugoi version
  2. It would lack many of the features that are now currently present in OLDC builds, such as tab + spin to return to the "hub" map, or the random map selection
  3. Most of the important changes that come from the OLDC iterations of it were made by Tatsuru, so you would need to get their permission instead if you wanted to use that version
You could certainly try asking either of them for permission to use their level select assets though I can't guarantee whether or not you will receive a positive response.

Pretty sure the level select system requires permission to use, not to mention that:
  1. You would still need to port the old level select system over from 2.1 into 2.2 yourself if you wanted to use the sugoi version
  2. It would lack many of the features that are now currently present in OLDC builds, such as tab + spin to return to the "hub" map, or the random map selection
  3. Most of the important changes that come from the OLDC iterations of it were made by Tatsuru, so you would need to get their permission instead if you wanted to use that version
You could certainly try asking either of them for permission to use their level select assets though I can't guarantee whether or not you will receive a positive response.
im going with the classic route then

linedef type 2 🔥

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back