• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Bub and Bob (Bubble Bobble)

juney

This is a mod I am planning to work on which brings Bub and Bob into SRB2! The mod is in a WIP state right now as it uses Sonic and Tails sprites as placeholders for now. It may be hard for me to work on since I'm not good at making sprites and doing lua scripts yet but I'll try my best to work on it and I don't mind if you ask to help out too! A moveset concept is being worked on right now so if you have any ideas for their moveset let me know!
BubandBobSRB2modteaser.png

It's Me, Bubblun.

Here's my Sprite Sheet if I authored it beforehand (Front and Back-facing Sprites are Additions to Side-facing Sprites).
For My Brother Bobblun, Swap Green with Blue.
Hey there! I do thank you for suggesting me to use the sprite sheet you made! Although, I'm wanting to have the sprites be accurate to the SRB2 Sprite art style and accurate to the character designs so I might have to pass on that one. Although I do like the Name Print design though so I could use that if you are fine with that!

And if you want to still use these for your own version of Bubblun and Bobblun for SRB2, Feel free to do so!

Lastly for the Skel-Monsta/Baron, I might make the Skel-Monsta thing a standalone mod where the player has to make it to the end before a certain amount minutes passes before Skel-Monsta starts chasing them.

I do thank you for trying to help!

Last edited:
This is a mod I am planning to work on which brings Bub and Bob into SRB2! The mod is in a WIP state right now as it uses Sonic and Tails sprites as placeholders for now. It may be hard for me to work on since I'm not good at making sprites and doing lua scripts yet but I'll try my best to work on it and I don't mind if you ask to help out too! A moveset concept is being worked on right now so if you have any ideas for their moveset let me know!
View attachment 87284
Is this still active? If so, are you taking inspiration from MY failed attempt at bringing Bubblun to SRB2?

Is this still active? If so, are you taking inspiration from MY failed attempt at bringing Bubblun to SRB2?
No really since I lost motivation on it due to me not knowing how to code and make sprites for it but I do think about coming back to it someday.
Also I did not see your take of the Bub mod for SRB2 before I made this thread so no I am not taking inspiration from it but I bet your take might've been cool.

No really since I lost motivation on it due to me not knowing how to code and make sprites for it but I do think about coming back to it someday.
Also I did not see your take of the Bub mod for SRB2 before I made this thread so no I am not taking inspiration from it but I bet your take might've been cool.
My take basically ended with like two placeholder animation frames and code for Bubblun blowing his bubbles before I lost interest too. But if you want to see it, here it is: https://mb.srb2.org/threads/bubblun-in-srb2.33549

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back