Broken PolyObject in ACZ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nh6lGFJ.png

Can someone please explain to me why this is still here? It baffled me in 2.0's original release back in 2009, so the fact that it's still here five years later is utterly incomprehensible to me. I'm not trying to be snide or judgmental, I'm just so confused. I've never been able to get a straight answer out of anyone as to why this has never been changed/fixed.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you get on the platform, you stand in midair. There's no indication that you can do this; to a new player, they'd think that they'd fall into the bottomless pit if they tried that. A blatant graphical glitch is absolutely a bug. It can easily be replaced by the rope pulleys used literally everywhere else in the map.

Last edited:
The bug here is that PolyObjects can't display flats, which is well-known and pretty much non-fixable in Software. The fact that this still remains in ACZ1 is bad level design, not a bug.

There was a bug a couple weeks ago where—I don't remember what it was exactly—but shields rendered really weirdly on top of FOFs in Meadow Match Zone. It was a bug inherent in the engine, but the level design was changed to prevent it from happening. Because it was a bug. And so it was fixed. I don't see a difference here.

(Honestly, though, I'm confused why this was even put in the level in the first place. Wasn't the issue, y'know, blatantly obvious from the very beginning?)

There was a bug a couple weeks ago where—I don't remember what it was exactly—but shields rendered really weirdly on top of FOFs in Meadow Match Zone. It was a bug inherent in the engine, but the level design was changed to prevent it from happening. Because it was a bug. And so it was fixed. I don't see a difference here.

(Honestly, though, I'm confused why this was even put in the level in the first place. Wasn't the issue, y'know, blatantly obvious from the very beginning?)

Like he said, engine problems. I had no Idea that the thing even let you stand on it at first, I stood there for 3 seconds before I just spindash jumped to the other side, and its not like moving platforms do much for game play anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back