Braid

Status
Not open for further replies.

iStepable

iStepable
If there is a topic about this, I'm sorry and I'll look next time.

Anyway I'm here to talk about
braid-game-screenshot-title-xbox-360-big-350x198.jpg

Braid is a game that's on the 360 Arcade and on the PS3. This game is more of a casual game but its pretty good. It has platforming and the music is pretty good. The game is coming on steam but not till April 10th because it got delayed.

The Plot around Braid is about this guy named Tim who has to rescue his princess from a monster.

A cool neat thing about this game is that you can reverse time. This power will help you get across the levels. So far, im only playing the demo on my 360 and just loving it.

What do you guys think about this game?

EDIT: I think my post got widened.

I just finished the game on the PC, and feel very proud of myself for having figured out how to get those last two puzzle pieces in world 2. I am in complete awe over the execution of the "story", which combines backstory with the premise of the level along with some philosophy. I'll probably keep checking back with them to try to interpret the parts of it that still escape me, but it had quite a clever ending.

Also, I just gotta love the way he used "I'm sorry, the Princess is in another castle" reference... especially the way it changed slightly in the later worlds.

For me the hardest world was "Time and Place", simply because I felt limited where in every other world I felt free. Walking backwards moves time backwards, an easy concept, but not when doing so reverses your attempts to clear out the enemies. Hesitation took a bit of getting used to as well, but that itself was pretty neat.

Also, I wouldn't say its a casual game... Its a puzzle game that will baffle you if you aren't willing to give it your attention. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the story. It was easy to take word-for-word early on, but it soon becomes apparent that it encompasses more than an actual story.

JEV3 said:
I just finished the game on the PC, and feel very proud of myself for having figured out how to get those last two puzzle pieces in world 2. I am in complete awe over the execution of the "story", which combines backstory with the premise of the level along with some philosophy. I'll probably keep checking back with them to try to interpret the parts of it that still escape me, but it had quite a clever ending.

Also, I just gotta love the way he used "I'm sorry, the Princess is in another castle" reference... especially the way it changed slightly in the later worlds.

For me the hardest world was "Time and Place", simply because I felt limited where in every other world I felt free. Walking backwards moves time backwards, an easy concept, but not when doing so reverses your attempts to clear out the enemies. Hesitation took a bit of getting used to as well, but that itself was pretty neat.

Also, I wouldn't say its a casual game... Its a puzzle game that will baffle you if you aren't willing to give it your attention. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the story. It was easy to take word-for-word early on, but it soon becomes apparent that it encompasses more than an actual story.
This is looking Super Mario Bros 1 all the way, except what is for controlling time and that the game's a casual one, of course...

JEV3 said:

I agree. By no means is Braid a casual game; I played and finished it and the underlying meaning still escaped me. Truth be told, I actually looked at a story analysis to figure out the true meaning of the game (bad boy)...but I did piece some of it together, though.

For me, the worst world was definitely "Time and Place"...time following my every step was highly challenging.

Im almost close to beating braid but I need like, the rest of the ladders to come with the other ladder to the last world. Anyone know how?

You need to collect ALL the puzzle pieces and place them together. For each puzzle completed, a ladder will appear. Be prepared though, the world beyond the ladder is unlike any you've seen yet... its not as hard, but it does mess with the rules a little, especially when you finally get to the beginning.

Also don't finish the World 3 puzzle until you connect the top-left and bottom-right piece up towards the top-left of the frame.

Why? That's a surprise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back