Bootfighter Windom XP sp-2.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I stumbled over this game when I was looking to get trackmainia nations forever. Its a arcade mech fighting game. its mechs are based on operating systems of computers. (Windows,Linux) you can create t\your own pilot portrait and sounds(attacking,dieing.) It also has a online mode too. (Its a bit laggy but it is a good freeware game)
The mech designs looks to be based of the Gundam series and meta series
Screens:

image021.jpg

boot3gx2.jpg

windom_screen1.jpg

Download: (I say this game is fun. ESPECIALLY if you HATE a certain version of windows. *picks up beam saber and kills vista over and over and over again*) Die Vista! DIE!!!!! *shot*
http://www.caiman.us/pageC2.php?nr=3386&f=3386-BootfighterWindomXP.zip

EDIT: Snap! I didn't even see the post freeware games thread! (until now that is.)
EDIT2: I think I got a server ready but to try it pm me for the IP and time you are going to get on with bootfighter.

EDIT3/4: Ladies and gentlemen we have a server!
To play online, get Hamachi (I HIGHLY recommend you have an antivirus system up and running on your comp.)

The network name is Bootfighter windom SRB2

the password is GUNDAM (yes in all caps.)

Hmachi IP is 5.179.50.184

Hamachi download:https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/list.asp

THE SERVER IS UP! I REPEAT, THE SERVER IS UP! We have two rooms. one is survival, one is interception.
the server can only be up on weekends.

GO GET SOME ONLINE ROBOT

Yep! I don't know how to get it online yet, (searching as we speak) but it is capable.

EDIT: lol It works like srb2. Servers and such. why didn't I notice this?

I'll Begin said:
I believe someone on the SRB2 IRC or the forums had already found this. :P
Really? *Uses search button* all well, that one was locked and didn't explain what it was thought. ether way, my bad for not using the search earlier.

but to the pressing problem. to play online one must have a server. I cant find what the default server was. Its going to be a couple days before anyone gets online.

EDIT: I may have one ready. See first post.

Then you have to do some sort of special code in command prompt and then it should activate.

So, I just save the file to Windows>>System32? It says C:\Users\David\Documents\Bootfighter Windom\msvcr71.zip: Cannot create msvcr71.dll
Access is denied.

The whole point, I wasn't being sarcastic. You need to install the library file to get it to work.

Jellybones69 said:
So, I just save the file to Windows>>System32? It says C:\Users\David\Documents\Bootfighter Windom\msvcr71.zip: Cannot create msvcr71.dll
Access is denied.
JELLY!!! THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED!!!!! :)
You have to register it. put it in C:\Windows\System32 then open up a command prompt and type regsvr32 msvcr71.dll.
Violo was right! Sorry Violo.

Also,
The whole point, I wasn't being sarcastic. You need to install the library file to get it to work.
My stupidity knows no boundaries. Sorry. *headdesks self 30 times*

Jellybones69 said:
Yes, I am using the administrative account, and I use vista.
User account control enabled?
If so, to turn it off you must:
1. Type "msconfig" without the quotes, into the the start search bar.
2. Go to tools in msconfig and select "Disable UAC", then click "Launch"
3. Restart the computer
UAC should be off if you did it right. (Its rather nice to have it disabled, you don't get UAC nag screens and quite a few things work better :D )

Ok, I did it, extracted the dll file to System32, and tried to run the game again, but I STILL got the message.

Jellybones69 said:
Ok, I did it, extracted the dll file to System32, and tried to run the game again, but I STILL got the message.
You typed regsvr32 msvcr71.dll. in the cmd prompt, and did what zelda gamer said?

Then maybe you should reboot and then uninstall bootfighter XP and then renstall it.

I've got to go for the night. hope you get bootfighter running jellybones.

I found out why this is lacking updates. There is a Retail version called "Ultimate Knight Windom XP" that can be found Here. (2,500 Yen, about $27 USA)

Be warned, this game has serious lag issues, myself, Playah, Nev3r and a friend of mine have been playing this for quite a while and even though my friend only lives a few miles away and is actually on the same ISP (the exchange is about 20 miles away from both of us) it lagged like hell, and this is hosting on a 20mbit connection!

tl;dr it has worse netplay code than SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back