Bit of help with IRC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally don't use IRC, but I wanted to try out a netgame, as I never played an SRB2 netgame before. So I downloaded mIRC, laughed at the "expiration date", and tried to connect..... I selected Mysteria from the IRC Network list, and hit Connect..... it said "Connecting to irc.mysteria.net (7000)". Then the next line read "Unable to connect to server (connection refused)" I'm on a home network, so that might be the problem.... but I don't have a firewall, and I configured port forwarding for port 7000 (and 6667 if I ever need it). How can I fix this?

I'm real inexperienced with mIRC... so if there's anything I forgot to do....

I did fill the Full Name, Email, and Nickname box.

...there is a very easy solution to this.

Mysteria was the old server SRB2 was on until it "died"
its now irc.esper.net

Hope That Helps!

Man, do I suck with IRC.... turns out the SRB2 channels don't show up in the list, so I have to type it in manually... I'm connected now, thanks.

Sadly enough we actually do get people who come close to that level of intelligence. Only #srb2fun has that, though. Not #srb2general, which you can better count on if you want up-to-the-minute SRB2 announcements and official stuff as opposed to #srb2fun where it's all fan-run.

Which is probably why the stupidity level is so high. Even I'm starting to grow weary of it. So if you want to help out the cause, I'd reccomend going to #srb2general next time you log on as well.

[/#srb2general Shameless Plug #1]

Up to the minute? Their topic hadn't been updated for months before I mentioned it.

Damn it! I wanted to put that in my GTASRB2 mod! WTF, man?!? I even called dibs on it!

I'm more worried that it would involve non-female characters than the fact that the joke picture exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back