Best WAD editing program?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sizzlepine

Ok, I've been playing SRB2 for a while and wanted to make a wad file to put my fan character into the game.

I've read though the tutorial. Yet I need to know the best program to edit and create WAD files.

Help would be appreciated

Editing SRB2 is time consuming, no matter what. Don't think that installing more programes will make it go faster.

yus

totally-pumped.jpg

on Edge said:
Editing SRB2 is time consuming, no matter what. Don't think that installing more programes will make it go faster.

No really? liek OMG

Im pretty sure making over 180 sprites, and getting them to work correctly isnt something done within the time lapse of an episode of Seinfeld >.>

SLumped really isn't the best, the sprites appear black and white on my computer, and when I edit them they just stay their regular color. It sucks. And if you look at another topic I made, I messed up XWE. If you know how to fix it, please let me know (by going to my topic, it's called "I messed up XWE")

It might be that you didn't set up the IWAD in the options. If that doesn't work, I think you can fix that by checking off the "Detect nonstandard gfx lumps" in the options.

I use XWE because everything in it is fairly easy to understand, and the SRB2 Wiki had a great guide for XWE.

But get the new version, because I have the next-to-newest version and have to edit the PLAYa1-5 and PLAYb1-5 sprites in Hex Editor.

No matter how high the version is, (look at topic "I messed up XWE") it still looks like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back