Best Program for creating sonic games

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're asking what SRB2 was made with, it is programmed with C using the Doom Legacy source code. It was not made in any program, unless you count the C compiler.

Mystic said:
If you're asking what SRB2 was made with, it is programmed with C using the Doom Legacy source code. It was not made in any program, unless you count the C compiler.

---> c oR C++?

It's mostly C and a tiny bit of Assembly. 1.08 comes with the source, so you can look at it yourself. No C++ was used.

www.clickteam.com

Multimedia Fusion (MMF) is actually much easier to make decent Sonic games with, though that's just a mere opinion. I've seen several Game Maker-made Sonic games, and they're all much more basic than MMF-based games.

In the SFGHQ community, most of them prefer MMF, simply because of its versatility and potential. Many recent games provide a nice example of what Multimedia Fusion can do.

But if you ask me, programming in C is even better ;P

The games factory is EVIL! EVIL I SAY! IT is WAY to simple. The first game i tried to make barely ran at all, heck it wasnt even a game, it was a motorcycle going THROUGH the ramp and into the the fire, followed by some wizard apearing and then making rain come down and then he goes away and everything disapears, OOOO OOOO EXCEPT FOR THE CUTE LITTLE EXPLODING DOG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back