• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Begin SRB2 level making with the new DB Config!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristos

Go to http://www.freewebs.com/treefrog/srb2cfg.zip to download the latest version of the DoomBuilder Config that includes instructions on installation and a beginners guide to beginning SRB2 level making. It includes all the new linedef and sector specials.
NOTE: In the instructions I put srb2.com, but it's .org :oops: . Sorry! Gotta run...

a 3D mode that let's you align texture without the hassle, and you can make bigger levels than WadAuthor

WadAuthor will go to 16384 in any direction. If I recall, the real limit is 32768. In reality, though, you're hit the blockmap limitation of 128K before you really need to go that high.

The level can get pretty damn big, but Wadauthor will only scroll so far before you gotta click the Select All Button and drag the level down.

My only issue with Doombuilder is the 3D mode doesn't seem to work with large flats (I'm not entirely sure, has anyone else experienced this?), which is making texture alignment in Block Fort a tedious chore. Still, Doombuilder is a god among map editors.

EDIT: Right then. I hope this is read, because I don't want to double post. Clearly everyone else was too busy asking why Doombuilder was any good to realize there is something wrong with this configuration file. I've deleted all traces of DB from my computer, reinstalled, and placed the files in the folder. I get "Error 424 while loading map: Object required". Loading maps with the Doom 2 config file does work, so I can only assume that the SRB2 config is flawed.

Hmm... The config works fine for me, but maybe I have an older version of DB. I'll look into it.
Edit: Aha! The config file is for v1.03. The current DB version is 1.63! I'll have to set about updating the config now. Good day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back