avator help with the KB

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadow the fox

Old Shame account.
aownedca2.jpg

please make this less thain 10KB

The quality of the pic I redid has better quality then than the one 1-up posted, sure its a little bigger, but it still is under the 10 kb limit

Compare the tails in both pics, the splatter, and the background. I see a big difference between the one I redid, and the one 1-up redid.

It's also a different file format: PNG rather than JPG. Which means that you have no artifacts on the image (it uses lossless compression).

Well, unless you use indexed colors, (which is what I did with his picture) then png files will lose some color information (unless the picture is under 256 colors)

Torgo said:
Well, unless you use indexed colors, (which is what I did with his picture) then png files will lose some color information (unless the picture is under 256 colors)
what? png can do do more then 256 indexed colors, for example, look at the screenshoot from SRB2 in OpenGL mode, they are in 16-bit RGB triple mode.

and most software don't make compressed PNGs every well, soo I use OptiPNG, PNGOUT, and/or pngcrush and get the files smaller, like I did for the masterserver page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back