• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Anyone made a City Escape level for SRB2?

Would you like a City Escape level?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes,I guess...

• No,I guess...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops,I posted two of the same topic. :oops: Stupid me...
{On topic}
I'm gonna start as soon as I see a City Escape vidio on Youtube.

No. No, no, no, no, NO.
Ports of levels from other games rarely ever turn out any good, because those levels were originally built taking advantage of a completely different engine. The lack of slopes and rails in SRB2 would make a City Escape wad completely worthless and boring.

Emerald Coast was only the first half for a reason, the second half is completely impossible without slopes. And SRB2 Riders is junk in general.

A City Escape wad would be sweet, but I don't want YOU to do it. I want an experienced user that can take advantage of the Camera Scanner linedef.

I've thought about doing one, but have an original layout that would be both new and be more learner (or however you spell that word Mystic likes to use) than the real version. Of coarse, I need to learn how to make levels first.*shot*

Unfortunately, City escape is full of slopes. I was going to do it, but I didn't want to make all of the stairs. Sooo, good luck!!

SRB2Lover4Life said:
Hey,I'll Begin,I decided to do Green Hill instead,so don't worry.Oh and please
don't talk like I'll never make a good map. :x
Try harder. Make an original level. :wink:

And I wasn't talking to you like you'd never make a good map, I was discouraging you from doing City Escape until your skills improve. I have my own obscure way of doing things. :)

Anyways, it's not like I can make good level wads anyway.

Isn't that back seat moding?
As I was saying, In SRB2 F there is a map that looks like a mi of speed higway and city escape. It was going to just be city escape, but that was too many hills. It took a loooong time to get not even the first half of the map done, I wouldn't suggest you try it. Its incredibly hardUnledd you have the SRB2 with slopes :roll: .
We won't even be using that map I made any more because it would take too long to make, its hard, and although I worked hard it wont be used.

So you get what I'm saying people who want to make this map?... ... ...

Basically this:

I'll Begin said:
SRB2Lover4Life said:
Hey,I'll Begin,I decided to do Green Hill instead,so don't worry.Oh and please
don't talk like I'll never make a good map. :x
Try harder. Make an original level. :wink:

And I wasn't talking to you like you'd never make a good map, I was discouraging you from doing City Escape until your skills improve. I have my own obscure way of doing things. :)

Anyways, it's not like I can make good level wads anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back