Anybody know much about Time Travel & Time Machines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megamantn

I'm researching Time travel and the Future & I don't know how to time travel or Make a Time Machine.

Anyone interested in helping me build a Time Machine & attempt to go to the Future & find my future self & see what happened after I Time Travel & before or when I turned 18(not saying I'm 18, I'm only 13, I am mentioning seeing my Adult self)?

then don't bother helping me if you don't know how or don't believe in Time Travel or at least Wormholes...

Well, maybe by the time man-kind understands virtually everything about the universe we could get an exact prediction of what would happen in the future and maybe use it to travel through time. But you've a better chance of proving that there's no such thing as infinity.

Time travel is a bit risky. You could throw everything into utter chaos. But it's better to annoy your future self than it is to annoy your past self, because if you alter the past in any way, no matter how big or small, you'll throw the present in an uproar.

Time Travel is one of the hardest to understand, yet... it's easy... Time Travel uses Speed, you have to be faster than even Shadow and Sonic put together. Beleive me, That's faster than light itself. But thats just thoery I have heard.

I've discovered an incredibly secret and outlandish method of time travel. Sadly, this is one-way only, but you're guaranteed safe passage to the destination (don't trust that Safety-Not-Guaranteed guy).

Here's the top secret recipe for success...

Sit.

Congratulations! You're a second into the future! Take pride in being in on the secret of time travel.

Alternative methods involve applying a frying pan liberally to your head and travelling over periods of minutes, but the head trauma involved is a major turn off - you're better off sitting.

If time machines existed, I'd be looking at my future self right now :lol:
But then he'd tell me hes me from the future then I wouldn't believe him, then he kills me and he disapears?
I don't get it.

Well, have fun building your time machine.

You don't need a time machine to view the future. You merely need to request the assistance of a guardian angel ... Or a demon in disguise.

There is also a chance you could be blown into the future at random while astral projecting or dreaming, but everything is symbolic of what will happen so you can't ruin it. You will most likely be unable to interpret it until it is too late. However, the angels are used to that sort of thing and have become quite good at interpreting such visions of the future, which is how psychics and mediums which predict the future do it.

I do not suggest you attempt to contact an angel, however, as there is no way of verifying if they are trustworthy; The only difference between an angel and a demon is that a demon will earn your trust only to stab you in the back later, often literally.

But that's just my supernatural ramblings, as usual. There is no proof of it other then the memorys of those who have done so and a sparse few storys in the bibles of many religions.

http://www.scienceforums.net/forums/
http://science.howstuffworks.com/time-travel.htm
http://science.howstuffworks.com/relativity.htm
In theory time travel is possible and that's, in a way, relative. According to the theory of Special Relativety time slows with motion. If the speed reaches that of light, time slows to a stop. Reaching the speed of light, c = 300000 km/s, is impossible. Photons only travel at c. So time travel is possible to the future but not to the past. That's the way to put it simply.

Halkel da Thunderhog said:
Time Travel is one of the hardest to understand, yet... it's easy... Time Travel uses Speed, you have to be faster than even Shadow and Sonic put together. Beleive me, That's faster than light itself. But thats just thoery I have heard.

Sonic can go to the speed of sound, so can shadow...unless chaos control is used, which has an infinite speed...

Shadow Hog said:
I've discovered an incredibly secret and outlandish method of time travel. Sadly, this is one-way only, but you're guaranteed safe passage to the destination (don't trust that Safety-Not-Guaranteed guy).

Here's the top secret recipe for success...

Sit.

Congratulations! You're a second into the future! Take pride in being in on the secret of time travel.

Alternative methods involve applying a frying pan liberally to your head and travelling over periods of minutes, but the head trauma involved is a major turn off - you're better off sitting.

:roll: ... :roll:

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/virus1.htm

Prime 2.0 said:
Actually, if time machines existed right now, none of us would be able to afford it.

If time machines were invented, I doubt they'd be for sale. Time travel is risky bussiness. People would abuse this more than anything in the world. You'd have people stopping major events that needed to happen, People wanting to stop the death of loved ones, and of course your overzealous terrorist who travels back to rule the world...That's where Jonny Quest comes in.

---

On a more serious note though, what would the world be like if 9/11 was prevented? Yes it would be great to have our loved ones and our feeling of national security back, but it would be at the price of losing the lessons learned from that event....Yeah, that's my 2 cents right there...

Zeshiro said:
Prime 2.0 said:
Actually, if time machines existed right now, none of us would be able to afford it.

If time machines were invented, I doubt they'd be for sale. Time travel is risky bussiness. People would abuse this more than anything in the world. You'd have people stopping major events that needed to happen, People wanting to stop the death of loved ones, and of course your overzealous terrorist who travels back to rule the world...That's where Jonny Quest comes in.

---

On a more serious note though, what would the world be like if 9/11 was prevented? Yes it would be great to have our loved ones and our feeling of national security back, but it would be at the price of losing the lessons learned from that event....Yeah, that's my 2 cents right there...

The idea of traveling into the past is a paradox, because anything that happened before, will have always happened.

You can't simply go back five minutes, change your shirt to something else, come back, and have that shirt on. It's a multiversal error. You cannot exist twice in the same dimension.

The leading scientists in this theoretical science have stated that if time travel were possible, it would only be possible to travel clockwise, not counterclockwise.

Think about it. If you could travel in time and you successfully went back in time, prevented something from happening, and returned, wouldn't that event have never happened to begin with? If said event were prevented, then there would be no reason to prevent it, since, at the time of the event's happening (or presumed happening), your future self would've prevented it. It's not possible.

On the other hand, traveling into the future may have no ill effects, but that has yet to be determined. The idea of time travel rejects the notion that everything we do as individuals has a great effect on the overall happenings of the world. If we were busy travelling through the future, how could we be around to do all of the things we would've done had we not travelled to begin with?

---

On another note, the whole idea of time travel is completely unsound. There's really nothing that can be prevented or erased from time, because had it been destined to be erased, it would've never happened. There is no future in time travel because you're eliminating a factor of this universe; you.

Now, if we're under the idea that when you change something in the past, it just magically changes in the future, that isn't time travel; it's dimensional travel. If you were able to see what's going on in your time before you travel into the past, it'd be the same. If you bothered to prevent whatever event you were trying to prevent, you wouldn't return to your own time, you'd simply travel to some alternate timeline that ultimately has no effects from the event you changed.

For more convoluted ideas concerning time travel, visit www.bobandgeorge.com

---

There's my two cents.

Oh, and megaman, I just realized something about your age; you're too young to enter legal agreements. Sorry bro. At first it was a matter of likelihood concerning your film, but now you've got The Man to deal with.

Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back