Anti-Virus Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage

What anti-virus software do you guys use. I use Windows Defender and AD-AWARE SE. I used to use Norton Anti-Virus but my trial ran out and I don't have the cd. Please I need other ones because the ones I have right now won't fully take out the virus I have right now. :cry:

i use 2:
1. AVG im getting comcast soon. yay for it being free. :D
2. spybot. its for spyware. so sue me dark :(
(why did i say that)

Spybot isn't anti-virus, silly. It's anti-spyware. And works well with Ad-Aware. And Hijack This for that tough ground-in crap.

Spyware Check Software
----------------------
Ad-aware SE
Spybot S&D
Pest Patrol
Windows Defender
Spyware Blaster
Hijack This!

Antivirus Software
----------------------
AVG Free
AntiVir

All of those together pretty well hammer any possible virus/spyware into nonexistance.

Fools, with Linux, I don't need to have a virus scanner OR a spyware scanner! Huha! (Well, except for the extremely uber rare case of a virus, but you get the idea.)

... I lack any antiviruses on Windows. They all either:
A) Suck. No need to say more.
B) Leech threads and memory like Firefox
C) Bloated, slow.
D) Annoying to use.

Although I heard of Clamwin, is it any good?

For spyware: Spybot. Nothing is better. Hijack This ***** for annoying crap.

To all who have Comcast: Screw you, Comcast sucks. :cry:

I run linux on my desktop so I don't use any antivirus/firewall/spyware removing program.

Didn't do it on my window desktop either. But occassionally I did install AVG (by occassionally I mean once a year), never turned up a virus before. Run spybot on my windows desktop once or twice a year, just to remove tracking cookies.

Safe web browsing 4 lyfe.

I think SpySweeper *was* the best for spyware, it has over 100,000 known traces of spyware to get rid of. I say was, because recently they made a version that just slows anything down and makes some of my stuff not work.

Although I heard of Clamwin, is it any good?
...No, absolutely not. It's all you described as terrible and more.
For spyware: Spybot. Nothing is better. Hijack This ***** for annoying crap.
Ad-Aware works better for getting that dormant spyware that hangs around in program folders. That stuff that's never active...

I use ClamWin as antivirus and Spybot S&D as anti-spyware on my Windows machine.
And DarkWarrior, what you said, is just wrong.
ClamWin is the only antivirus for Windows that's not terrible and doesn't slow down your entire system. And it's open source.
I use ClamAV as antivirus on my FreeBSD machine (I have it on the machine for scanning Windows executables).

DuelMasterP said:
I used to have Windows Defender, but I switched to Zone Alarm

That's a horrible idea. They're two different types of software; Windows Defender is a spyware checker while ZoneAlarm is a firewall. I can understand you cutting off Windows Firewall or PeerGuardian to switch to ZA or something, but you don't stop using one type of program to start using an entirely different type, or you'll get bit in the ass later on. That's like not driving cars anymore because you want to start using umbrellas more often; it makes no sense.

Alright, in that case it makes a lot more sense. Though I still think multiple programs are better than one; having several means another program may catch something one misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back