• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Anti-gravity! o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, that is nice!

I'm not sure whether to call it "impressive", since you yourself said it wasn't a lot of code, but still, I quite like that.

We just need to be able to walk sideways and upsidedown-sideways (diagonal!) and we have loops :D.

Hey! this would be great for s3&k stages! You know how gravity changed in Death Egg zone? :D

And finally WORKING LOOPS! :D I can't belive it! Slopes,loops,upside down walking! hey!! THIS IS A MIRACLE! (although the slopes arn't perfect) I'f people continue to be such geniuses well have a srb2 that looks more 2007 than 2006 :eek:

Well, I hate to break it to ya guys, but this is not going to be used for loops. The issue was addressed when Shuffle showed this video on IRC, loops would require sideways gravity, which is impossible because of how differently floors and walls are handled. Floors and celings are pretty similar though, which is how Shuffle did this. I'm already seeing some puzzles that use this in TML though.

actually for SRB2, you dont even need sideway's gravity, you can just go through the loop, going upside down with a few wind currents or something

That doesn't solve the problem of needing frames for being sideways, though. For upside down, all he had to do was just put something in the code to flip the sprites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back