Annoying glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

protojo

When using the robot boy wad (or any other that uses that jumping noise) it nearly permanently glitches up the jumping noise of all other players that use the standered jumping noise.
By near permanently I mean it stays after restart and randomly resets back when it feels like it. Any idea why this happens?

Either the jump sound isn't formatted correctly or your computer is in serious need of help.

FoxBlitzz said:
Either the jump sound isn't formatted correctly or your computer is in serious need of help.

Lets go with both *killed*

What are you trying to explain? That Sonic and co. also use the robotboy jump sound? Or that robotboy switches to Sonic's jump sound sometimes?

Everyone who uses the standered jump sound will have that awful batflight sound instead (Sonic and co).

Instead of replacing DSJUMP, make your own jump sound lump, and in the S_SKIN lump of your skin, place something like this in:

DSJUMP = NEWSOUND

You don't modify them. Duh. Let me reiterate:

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, as well as any extra generic character WADs use DSJUMP for the jump sound. When you add a WAD that has a DSJUMP lump, that new jump sound replaces the old one, and all characters receive that jump sound.

When putting OLDSOUND = NEWSOUND into your S_SKIN lump, you're telling your custom character to use a different jumping sound lump instead of DSJUMP, so that no conflicts occur.

So you mean edit the Robotboy wad.
Ok that sorted it. Thanks for your help.

I just realized I use a batch file to run all my wads for startup, so i always load the Robotboy wad.

FoxBlitzz said:
Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, as well as any extra generic character WADs use DSJUMP for the jump sound. When you add a WAD that has a DSJUMP lump, that new jump sound replaces the old one, and all characters receive that jump sound.
Like in HMS123311?

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
He was responding to the person above him Timberwolf >_>
I've been gone for awhile, I didn't know that this had even been bumped until I saw that post he made, so I assumed he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back