And yet... My Conic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdog003

I guess it's a "go with da flow" kind of thing, but...
http://sepwich.com/lotr-srb2/Comic/

- No name. Any suggestions?

Yes, I used a redirect. I know how much everyone hates redirects, it's just that I don't want to edit _every_ single page to make sure that it works. No, I don't have a "List Of Episodes" yet.

Name it, "I'm Bored" XD seriously, pretty good, but I don't know what to call it...

!! You did!!! Oh well, the next plot will probably be better anyway. I'm making a flash comic (if any of you cared :P) and well, its "kewl" if I do say so myself ^_^

I don't know much about that, Shadow Hog, but as far as I can figure out:

0.5(xx - 2xh + hh) + (yy -2yk +kk)/bb = 1

I really hope that last post was sarcasm.

Anyhow, neat comic, HotDog. I've been making one (With a pad of paper and pencil; Nothing more) for 2 years now with characters such as Zim, Stewie, Sonic, Bender, ect. and am converting it to Flash because people have said that mine is hillarious. Plus Flash pwns.

The point of this post? Use Flash, and draw original stuff instead of using sprites. it usually comes out a lot more fresh that way, however if you're comfortable with what you're using, it's not too bad anyways :roll:

BTW, what did you use to make that? o_O

hotdog003 said:
I don't know much about that, Shadow Hog, but as far as I can figure out:

0.5(xx - 2xh + hh) + (yy -2yk +kk)/bb = 1
Actually, if you want to do it that way, it's

(xx - 2xh + hh)/aa + (yy -2yk +kk)/bb = 1

but, eh, who's counting?

Formula for a hyperbola, BTW. Not to be confused with a hyperbole, which is a literary tool, not a math one.

Ok. My plan was to do one span of 4 panels a day, but I can't due to (BLAH!!!) school.

How do you like the layout? That's my best HTML right there, but I do plan to use <SPAN> tags with a couple style="cursor:hand;"s and some onClick="location.href = 'http://www.cheese.com'" s in the TABLE code. I just found out about that tag today, and I hope it works.

And, for those of yous who are wondering, I used The Powerful GIMP for the comics.

How does everyone rate this? I rate it an '8' because it needs more and I don't have backgrounds. I plan to use BGs from S2 and S3, and maybe a couple real-life pictures thrown in there for the fun of it. I also plan to include animation and a full-featured plot, but that's a little hard to swallow thinking that this is my first comic.

EDIT: Well, the Gimp has been crashing on me about 15 times in the past 5 minutes, so I'm getting rather annoyed. But, I *might* have another comic ready by tonight. And, SPAN tags, too!

I've been making a comic for the past year or so, doing hand-drawn stuff rather than sprites. (This is pen and paper, too. :P) It's actually *gasp* not a humor comic, but an action/adventure style sonic comic. There are two parts. The first one is 34 pages long with twelve cells per page, and the one I'm in the middle of is thirty pages with six cells per page. There is some comedy, but only for content, not story.

But, there's one more episode.
Did you see panels 9-12?

Yes, it's the same layout on the outside. But, on the inside, I changed all the "link" tags to "span" tags. You'll notice that they don't turn blue or have the hand anymore. Also, what happens if you mouse-over one of the buttons.. ?

And, I added a "shadow" to the buttons that make them look more realistic!

Ok... but I can't view any episodes. The buttons are greyed and its just text. And nothin' happens when I mouse over.. =/

You should really add a "Crap Browsers Only (IE)" tag on there somewhere. :D

Do you have a recent browser? Some browsers don't support the <SPAN> tag anyway.
Try clicking the buttons anyway. My code to change the pointer to a hand doesn't seem to work.

There should be a tooltip named "View comics 1-4" or something like that...

Maybe I should add the links...

The reason some of them aren't greyed out is because I havn't completed that section or you can't go there. For example, you can't go back before the first comic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back