Analog control during online play in next version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The light-speed dashes work rather well, actually. Homing's kinda pointless and the analog doesn't really mean much to me since I don't play many computer games with a pad, but the light-speed dashes really add a good deal to Sonic's capabilities - if used right, of course.

SSNTails said:
1.09 will probably save your analog preferences.
Great. That little change will make the game that much more enjoyable.

SSNTails said:
Analog was actually implemented only as a "look, we can do it" thing...
That's kind of ironic, since it makes the game so much more playable for me. I by far prefer playing in analog mode, as it feels more natural to me. To each their own, of course, but I'm very thankful it's in the game.

Analog really IS kinda hard, but I got used to it. My controls are the default ones (not counting the W-S-A-D controls), and I forgot about the camera buttons, but mine are O and P. So its easier to play analog and controlling the camera at the same time, but it sucks if you're playing in a computers that doesnt let you press more than 3 buttons.

Forward/Backward: Arrow keys up and down
Turn/Aim: Mouse.
Shoot ring: Left click
Jump: Right click
Spin: Shift, or Middle mouse wheel up. (For an insta-roll when running. ~_^)
Strafe: Left and right arrow keys.
Camera turn: NumPad keys 4 and 6

And, AutoExec.cfg script assigned controls:
Chasecam off (First person): Numpad key 8.
Chasecam on (Third person): Numpad key 2.
Cam_Rotate 0, Cam_Height 20, and Cam_Dist 128 (Camera position reset): Numpad key 5.
skin knuckles, color green, name SRB2-Playah (Charecter reset): `. (The key to the left of 1)
Z, X, C: Switch between Sonic, Tails and Knuckles. (I only use it when I find the situation calls for it. I don't switch to Sonic as soon as I'm being chased. Or to Thok-Tails-Fly to escape. That's just cheap. >_>)

And a bunch of other stuff done by script. I won't post them all here.

I also have a config to load when doing Objectplace.
Mouse wheel up: Move up.
Mouse wheel Down: Move down.
Left-click: Place object.
Left-Right arrow keys: Change object.

Using the mouse wheel allows me to be very precise where to place things vertically.
And I can use this with the SPEED console command to place stuff like Rings in a very neat vertical line. Like, I type in SPEED 32, and I move up exactly 32 units when I scroll the mouse wheel up one click. Makes objectplace MUCH easier. ~_^

Chaos Zero 64 said:
Analog really IS kinda hard, but I got used to it. My controls are the default ones (not counting the W-S-A-D controls), and I forgot about the camera buttons, but mine are O and P. So its easier to play analog and controlling the camera at the same time, but it sucks if you're playing in a computers that doesnt let you press more than 3 buttons.

Yeah, analog is actually decent if you assign the Camera Left and Camera Right buttons to the trigger buttons on the gamepad.

SSNTails said:
Chaos Zero 64 said:

Yeah, analog is actually decent if you assign the Camera Left and Camera Right buttons to the trigger buttons on the gamepad.

I have a PS2 like gamepad, so I'm good with analog. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back