Aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a matter of fact me my dad and my brother we're watching the superbowl and I noticed something... odd in the sky. It looked like a star, but it had no twinkle, it seemed like a planet, but I didn't see anything else in the sky at the time, AND! At one time it moved from the right side of the window to the left. 0.o freaky. I'm dead serious.

(btw I don't belive in aliens, I just thought this was the right place to post this, but it did hapen...)

I am multi-opinion on this. I have no doubt that there is other life. I don't believe in MANY sightings, though.

Off topic, but this seems better for War.

Not necicisesiesecs.... *sigh* Not really. It don't think this would be a good topic to "argue" about.

I have every reason to believe that alien life could potentially develop on another planet. However I have no reason to believe those aliens would find their way here. If we consider the size of the universe. (Or if we say "screw it" and say it's infinite) as well as the age of the universe, life ends up being pretty rare, ESPECIALLY life that would be able to develop sapience, and go out into space. (Though we raise those odds a bit if we consider an alien race that gets all their nutrients and chemicals needed to survive from bits of space-debri, and is able to survive in a vacuum.) Hence I don't see anything wrong with believing that one day in the distant future we'll land on an alien planet, and find some weird, unintelligent creatures. But intelligent aliens seems horribly unlikely.

Hell, if we're intelligent, why can't other creatures be? Of course, I bet those other intelligent are light years away from us, so the creatures we might be able to find in a man's lifetime would be undeveloped.

I don't get why anyone would think that of the billions of stars, and billions of galaxies with billions of stars in them, that we are the only life out there. It's just kind of blind to think that.

Wow. When I first clicked on this topic I expected a bunch of people going "No, that's just stupid. Wow, you're stupid. Stupid stupid stupid." I was pleasantly surprised at how many people (so far) on here do believe in extraterrestrials.
What I think is that, first of all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about this. I, for one, believe there is something out there. What it is, I'm not entirely sure of.

Allow me to quote a 1997 call on Art Bell's radio program Coast to Coast AM:
"I, I don't have a whole lot of time. Um, OK, I'm a former employee of Area 51. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and... I've kind of been running across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're gonna, um, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.
OK, um, um, OK, what we're thinking of as, as aliens, they're extradimensional beings, that, an earlier precursor of the, um, space program they made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. Uh, they've infiltrated a, a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51.
The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable."

If you listen to this call, you will hear clearly a sense of fear and shock in this man's voice. People may argue, "oh, the guy's an actor." However, he continually chokes and even stutters slightly at some points. Now, this was eleven years ago, so some argue that he was simply someone under the influence of some sort of hallucinogen.

I have personally seen many objects in the night sky moving irregularly. I have had many dreams about inhuman beings, and I fully believe that they're here for a reason. I'm not going to post much more on my opinions, as I fear ridicule, but you can pretty much see my point.

TobisPwnage said:
I don't get why anyone would think that of the billions of stars, and billions of galaxies with billions of stars in them, that we are the only life out there. It's just kind of blind to think that.
Don't forget narcissistic.

blargen said:
Not necicisesiesecs.... *sigh* Not really. It don't think this would be a good topic to "argue" about.
The word you're looking for is "necessarily."

It's mathematically impossible for there NOT to be other life out there. First, look at the Milky Way. Billions and billions of stars, and we know that a good amount have planets. Now, take a look at the visible universe (The amount of the universe that is possible to see; outside of the visible universe are galaxies we'll never see because the universe will end before light from them reaches us.) There could be as many as 40 billion galaxies within our ability to see. As if that isn't enough, take a look at the meta-universe (the meta-universe is ALL galaxies, not just the ones in the visible universe.) Some astronomers believe that the size of the meta-universe in light-years would be a number with MILLIONS of digits (that's right, MILLIONS!). You can't tell me there's absolutely NO life in any form out there.

There was ice and water found on Mars. Who knows that many years ago there was life on Mars.

Quote from Wikipedia

"In 1961, University of California, Santa Cruz astronomer and astrophysicist Dr. Frank Drake devised the Drake equation. This controversial equation multiplied estimates of the following terms together:

* The rate of formation of suitable stars.

* The fraction of those stars which contain planets.

* The number of Earth-like worlds per planetary system.

* The fraction of planets where intelligent life develops.

* The fraction of possible communicative planets.

* The “lifetime” of possible communicative civilizations.

Drake used the equation to estimate that there are an estimated 10,000 planets containing intelligent life, with the possible capability of communicating with Earth in the Milky Way galaxy.[27]

Based on observations from the Hubble Space Telescope, there are at least 125 billion galaxies in the universe. It is estimated that at least ten percent of all sun-like stars have a system of planets[28], thus if a thousandth of a percent of all stars are sun-like, and there are roughly (estimates may vary) 500 billion stars, on average, in each galaxy[citation needed], there are 6.25*1018 stars with planets orbiting them in the universe. If even a billionth of these stars have planets supporting life, there are some 6.25 billion life-supporting solar systems in the universe."

fawfulfan said:
It's mathematically impossible for there NOT to be other life out there. First, look at the Milky Way. Billions and billions of stars, and we know that a good amount have planets. Now, take a look at the visible universe (The amount of the universe that is possible to see; outside of the visible universe are galaxies we'll never see because the universe will end before light from them reaches us.) There could be as many as 40 billion galaxies within our ability to see. As if that isn't enough, take a look at the meta-universe (the meta-universe is ALL galaxies, not just the ones in the visible universe.) Some astronomers believe that the size of the meta-universe in light-years would be a number with MILLIONS of digits (that's right, MILLIONS!). You can't tell me there's absolutely NO life in any form out there.
Actually it's next-to-impossible. As chance is, well, chance, we could in theory be the only intelligent life form out here.
I don't believe that though.

Also, isn't it a little egotistical as a species to say out there?

I believe that there are other life forms. I don't know what any of you consider "intelligent" to be though. We are smart in our own ways, animals are smart in their own ways, so other life forms are probably smart in their own ways.

Actually, life could be closer than we think. Europa (one of Jupiters moons) is an ice covered planet, but under the ice is a massive ocean. The ice is so deep, that the core of the planet keeps the water warm. Astronomers say that squid or jelly fish life form could be there.

Crüsäder said:
"I, I don't have a whole lot of time. Um, OK, I'm a former employee of Area 51. I, I was let go on a medical discharge about a week ago and, and... I've kind of been running across the country. Damn, I don't know where to start, they're, they're gonna, um, they'll triangulate on this position really soon.
OK, um, um, OK, what we're thinking of as, as aliens, they're extradimensional beings, that, an earlier precursor of the, um, space program they made contact with. They are not what they claim to be. Uh, they've infiltrated a, a lot of aspects of, of, of the military establishment, particularly the Area 51.
The disasters that are coming, they, the military, I'm sorry, the government knows about them. And there's a lot of safe areas in this world that they could begin moving the population to now. They are not! They want those major population centers wiped out so that the few that are left will be more easily controllable."

Seriously, it's a radio show. If you take this as proof of aliens, then you need medical help. That sounds like a bad fan fiction, it really does. I don't think people would get discharged from something like that. If it's that big a secret, your down there for life, or untill the goverment trusts you enough.

Now, I DO beleve in alien life, but why the hell would they come HERE?

Think about that for a moment. If there is life out there that is more inteligent than us, then why would they come here? Why is it that if they DO have weapons of mass destrution, why haven't they used them?

And if they WERE peaceful, why wouden't we have seen them yet? All we see is lights in the sky, and if you haven't noticed, most UFO sightings come from America. Really. No other country is so UFO-crazy than us. We see something, we instanly think "OMG ALIEN."

We have skulls from aliens, that acctualy have the same anatomy as chimpanzee skulls, we hae alien "wreakage" that looks like some guy badly welded some steel together.

There is no real proof of aliens coming to earth. None. They sure as hell exist, it's been proven that bacteria live on a moon (Damnit I can't remember the name) so why can't more life exist?

But, I can't beleve that they would come to earth. :\

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back