Akinator, the Web Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechaS3K

NEVAR FORGET
http://akinator.com/

Holy crap, this guy is good. Basically, you think of a character or person and the algorithm will attempt to guess it. If you win, you get to contribute to Akinator's growing intelligence. The cloud-based nature of Akinator's power makes him surprisingly good at guessing video game characters. For example, he managed to guess Ballos and Balrog but not Mr. Little.

See if you can stump this AI!

This reminds me of the popular hand held electronic game in stores, called 20Q.

I won, by using the villain from the first live-action Superman movie. And I got to contribute!

Last edited:
This thing is not good at all, you people are just bad. If you take some famous person, of course it will guess who it is. And since the players are the ones feeding it with information, it's not special at all. The only way to outsmart this thing is taking people that aren't really well-known (but not you, one of your relatives, a friend of yours etc.)

(but not you, one of your relatives, a friend of yours etc.)

how the hell is anyone going to know your relatives in the interwebz?

BTW, as I expected, being out there so many United States singers and stereotypes, once you say certain details about it, it starts making questions wich are not much specific, like:

Is he black?
Is he related with reggae?
Is he famous with it´s stage nickname?

I thought of Daddy Yankee 2 times, and each time, I gave him the 3 chances, he didn´t get any of them.

HAHA! This thing is LAME!

I have been going in circles with it for over 5 minutes now, trying to get it to guess BARBIE.

All it keeps coming up with are swimsuit models.

Out of curiosity, I tried that too, and it took only 12 questions. The algorithm is obviously too random to be any useful.

I find it funny how he randomly pops up with questions like:

Is your character adopted?
Is it black?
Is it gay?

It´s kinda fun to see if he can figure out not-so-famous characters. As long as you give solid awnsers, it is most likeley to figure out who it is, even if you´re not so sure of it.

There is already a topic for this, though admittedly it is pretty old.

All in all, what impresses me about Akinator is not its accuracy, but the nature of its expanding database. I've searched through it and found some unbelievably obscure stuff. I'm pretty sure it slightly reconfigures its algorithm every time it gets a wrong answer (provided that you supply it with the right answer afterward). Its growing database of questions will also gradually allow its searches to become tighter and tighter. I think that's pretty darn cool.

LOL!!! He guessed my shadow in 7 questions(3 of them was completely no sense)!!!

SpiritCrusher said:
Of course he couldn't have guessed that one, I doubt it's in the database unless you added it. Your character's not the same as you though, at least I hope.

Yes, he guessed Knuckles, as he guessed Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Shadow.

Random? I figured they used a balanced binary tree receiving input from users in order to ask the questions.

This guy's good. I find it fun trying to find main characters that it doesn't know about (better than cheating and just doing extras from obscure series), and real life people that you would think it wouldn't know about...

But he's guessed right almost everything I've thrown at it, fucking hell he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back