Ah, now THIS is what SRB2 needs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I've tried Defragmenting, closing background operations, restarting my computer, redownloading it, and I still get the 'Memory error: Error allocating virtual memory' error. I'm not entirely sure what that means.
Does anyone know what the problem is, or what I should do? Or both?

Upgrade your RAM?

I mean, how much do you have, anyway? I have 512MB myself, though I intend to upgrade sooner or later to a GB.

I have the same amount as you do: 512 MB.
But, I went to the SFGHQ forum, and in the topic for Sonic Dimension warp, it said that it can run on as low as 196 MB, or something like that.

Luky you. At least you got something: A response.

I waited for a minute, and the music started playing. I waited untill it looped twice, (and that's long), and it still didn't come up. What gives?

You know what? After 10 minutes of solid waiting, I just don't think that this would be the best game, especially if I want to play it more than once.

This thing could be erasing my hard drive in those 10 minutes!

About 70% of the game is slopes. And loops as well. It's simply mind blowing! *shot*

I know. But, what if my sister and I want to play two-player? I don't want to have to wait around for half an hour waiting for the game to load.

the game requires a graphics system (or card) that can do pixel shading. to put it bluntly, if your computer can't run Tribes 2 or any sort of game that uses the Torque engine, then it won't run DW. end of discussion.

Um, you don't need a pixel shader card.... I can run it on a Radeon 7500...

Torque Engine System Requirements:

Windows 98/SE/ME/2000/XP
Pentium II 300, 64 MB RAM
OpenGL or DirectX Compatible 3D Graphics Accelerator, DirectX compatible Soundcard

Heck, I got away running on my mobility Radeon 7000 with only 32mb

I have
333MHz Inteleron Celeron... er, something like that
128mbs of ram,
ATI 3D Rage Pro (atir3) with 4 MB (as claimed by DxDiag)
and about 30 GBs of HD space.

On my other PC, I have
400MHz Intel Celeron
128mbs of ram
No 3d card
and about 4 GBs of hard disk space.

In other words, I own two junkbuckets that aren't worth their weight in feathers.
Come to think of it, no wonder it won't run.

Really?
What's the Sys Reqs for your new game?

I once had a 30MHZ 386 that barely ran Win95, and then came the P1 75MHz that barely ran Win98! Now, my 400MHz machine will barely run Win2K!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back