AgressiveRobots.soc [1.4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morph

During my soccing-experiments I created this:

dead-link [removed]

It is not thaaaaat original but really funny! :mrgreen:
What does it do? It modifies the blue and the red crawlas in a certain way:
- The blue ones got the "SkullAttack" [like it is called in SOC-Edit]. Which means that they continously try to hit the character by jumping straight to his direction, if they are able to see him.
- The red ones speed was boosted, their reactiontime was improved, plus they got a modified [of course higher] "BunnyHop" that they do as often as possible.

Figured it out? RIGHT! With this soc all crawlas are now weird jumping around in the world of srb2. :D
My favorite level with this soc is the second act of eggmans castle. The reason is obvious: there are A LOT of them...

There are even other behaviors from crawla to crawla. While the blue ones are leaving platforms and even jump after sonic into water, the red ones always stay on their platform trying to attack sonic every time he is going to touch it. :wink:

I hope you have as much fun with it as me!

------------------------------------------------------------

Here is version 1.4 of AgressiveRobots.soc:
DOWNLOAD HERE

Edit -> Here are some screenies:

Bluecrawla.png

Not easy to see, but the blue crawla on the left side is jumping down the platform trying to hit sonic.

Redcrawla.png

Ouf! I am very glad that those don't leave their platform. They are very dynamic!

Fishattack.png

HR HR! Shot by one of those stupid fishes. Well... they are not that stupid anymore... :wink:

FireBuzz.png

Evil guys these firebuzzes! :twisted:
Only chance to beat them without getting hurt is an attack from the top when they arrived at the ground.

slimebomber.png

I first had some problems getting this started, but thats the new form of jettybomber... The slimebomber! :mrgreen:

Eggman.png

And here comes Eggman! Right now we see him dropping an eggman-monitor...

eggman3.png

Eggman's third form! He's like a mixture of the first and the second form. Not that hard, but more chalanging than before. 8)

Gargoyletrap.png

YAY! It's a gargoyle-trap!

Hey, now the crawlas actually provide a challenge. Now you need to do something about those useless Buzzes. And maybe you can change the SDURFs to make them harder to avoid.

FoxBlitzz wrote:
Now you need to do something about those useless Buzzes

Turret fire.

Actually it is possible to do that, but I don't know how the object [of the "Buzzes"] is called in the srb2 scriptcode [haven't found it yet] and so I can not look up which frames it uses, which means that I can't connect those with any action [cause that is all what I did in this soc].
I even don't know that much about soccing... I just played around a little bit the "learning by doing way"... But it should work similarly like in Mikel's enemy-soc [Note: which is even more challanging than this one ;) ].

Yeah, that would be cool. But what about the SDURFs? Hmm...
Excuse me... but what are SDURFs? :mrgreen:

Morph said:
FoxBlitzz wrote:
Now you need to do something about those useless Buzzes

Turret fire.

Actually it is possible to do that, but I don't know how the object [of the "Buzzes"] is called in the srb2 scriptcode [haven't found it yet] and so I can not look up which frames it uses, which means that I can't connect those with any action [cause that is all what I did in this soc].
I even don't know that much about soccing... I just played around a little bit the "learning by doing way"... But it should work similarly like in Mikel's enemy-soc [Note: which is even more challanging than this one ;) ].

Yeah, that would be cool. But what about the SDURFs? Hmm...
Excuse me... but what are SDURFs? :mrgreen:

Well, that's how I learned. To answer your question, SDURF stands for "Stupid Dumb Unnamed Robot Fish" It's those silly bouncing fish

Ah those! ^^

Yeah they are quite needless... maybe I'll do something with them. :wink:

But still I don't know how these "Buzzes"-Objects are called. Do anyone know?

AgressiveRobots.soc

AH! Now that I've found the Buzzes, I've decided to modify all enemies within srb2 in one little soc... :mrgreen:

New download-link aviable in my first post!

--------------------------------------

Blue Crawla --> Like in CrawlaJump.soc
Red Crawla --> Like in CrawlaJump.soc
GoldBuzz --> extremely Speedboost [they should only be dangerous if you don't see them]
RedBuzz --> modified into FireBuzz. Now he starts casting a rain of fire when he sees sonic/knux/tails and only stops when he's dead... [think I like him most :twisted: ]
SDURFs --> Within a certain range they now start to throw rapid waves of fireballs so that you have to be very fast when you pass their way!

The Jetti-Robots are following soon... Please write your opinions and suggestions!

Anyway!
I said I'd going on work on this and now here is the second prerelease! Just jeck out the first post.

Whats new?
--> Jettybomber has been improved. He is now a Slimebomber! Continously dropping those slimeballs from the second eggman-boss, flying around a little faster, plus his old abilities he is now ready to make srb2 violette! :wink:
--> Jettygunner... Well, no major changes. He's just a little faster...
--> Crawlacommander... same as Jettygunner. Thought he was good enough.
--> Eggman! Right now Eggman is moving and fireing faster and he's able to drop eggman-monitors!!! Thought a ground-ability might make him more flexible.

Again if you have opinions and suggestions you are welcome! :D

Instead of making the buzzes shoot... why not make them faster? Like... Tails or Kuckles fast. That'd make them harder. After all, they are robot BEES.

Nicely done! If anything changes on the SOC list (from SMS) below, I might actually wanna use something from your enemy SOC. (If you give permission)

Blue crawla -Will get a skull-bash attack and be faster
Red Crawla -2 extra health and will a be a bit faster
Crawla commander -1 extra health and faster
Fish -Will sometimes fire a bullet
Water-bomber -Will lay slime all the time and still be able to bomb.
Brown bee -Will be waay faster. A bit faster as tails.
Red bee -Will shoot.
Jetty-bomber -Will be faster, and he rapidly bomb the area
Jetty-gunner -Will shoot when you home in on him.
Eggman -3 extra health, faster shooting, and will lay slime when panicking
Eggman THZ -2 extra health and when panicking he will fire mario fireballs

Instead of making the buzzes shoot... why not make them faster? Like... Tails or Kuckles fast. That'd make them harder. After all, they are robot BEES.
GoldBuzz --> extremely Speedboost [they should only be dangerous if you don't see them]
speedboost means they are much faster [even faster then the red ones]... the red ones were already fast and so they are now. And I don't think their ability is like "shooting". It's a wave of fire moving - after falling down - close to the ground in the direction of sonic. There is a great difference! :wink:

Edit:
@SMS: First of all thanks!
This soc is still in progress and not perfect. I might change something or add something new, but I am happy if you like it. :)
Well... I think I wouldn't forbid you to use it. You just have to put me into your credits. But your answer sounds like you just want to use a few things from the whole soc... If you tell me which things you mean I can put these ones into a seperate soc or you might do it by yourself if you know how [think you know ^^]. Just remember the credit thing. :wink:

----------------------------------

Edit 2: UPDATE!

I thought long time about a stronger third form of eggman... And here he is! This last-boss combines the powers of the first AND the second one, too!!!
Check it out! [download in first post]

P.S.: Why are there only a few comments? Does that mean that the majority don't like my soc? Or do some of you not now how to use a soc? It is easy... Use the srb2-launcher and press the "add"-button than use "show ALL filetypes" and load the soc. Then run the game.
When you download the soc make sure that you save as *.soc and not as *.txt

!!! AgressiveRobots1-4.soc is out !!!

Checkout many screenies at the first post! Like allways the download-link is aviable there, too.

New features of version 1.4 together with version 1.3:

-> New first Eggman-form. [faster shooting and box-dropping]
-> Pogo of Eggman's second form has improved.
-> Eggman's third form is now hybrid: Half first, half second form. Spikeballs were removed
-> Gargoyle-traps! The statues are now starting to shoot sometimes when sonic is getting too close.
-> Faster Skims!
-> Popupturrets are now a challenge. [just test it to see what I mean ^^]

-------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE post your opinions and suggestions!

nice. you should upload the actual soc file intead of a txt, if your not careful you'll save it as whatever.soc.txt (a txt with .soc in it's name). it's cool though :mrgreen:

It IS uploaded as socfile...
I explained it once: windows automatically tries to open it with the wineditor and classifies it as txt-format. If you normally save it, it will be saved as: "AgressiveRobots1-4.soc.txt".
You have to choose "save as all filetypes". Then it will be saved correctly as "AgressiveRobots1-4.soc". :wink:

But I am glad that you like it. Any ideas how it might be improved or is there anything I that has to be changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back