Adding Blocks over water...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I want to how I put floating Blocks over water, I know how to make them....but not how to put them over each other.

I use SRB2DB.

You need to have two control sectors: one for each block (water is just a special type of block). Both control linedefs should be tagged to the target sector.

As an aside, SRB2DB's FOF editor doesn't work (very usefully) when multiple FOFs are tagged to the same sector.

Oogaland said:
You need to have two control sectors: one for each block (water is just a special type of block). Both control linedefs should be tagged to the target sector.

As an aside, SRB2DB's FOF editor doesn't work (very usefully) when multiple FOFs are tagged to the same sector.

Do I have to use the normal Doom Builder?

No, SRB2 doom builder. Also wadauthor works, just without all those confusing features. I use wadauthor but SRB2DB works.

*sigh*

Okay, I'll tell you how to Really do it.

With the water control linedef, just tag it to the same tag as the target sector, as usual.

Then, with the FOF control linedef, tag it to the same tag as the target sector.

THEN, make another control linedef in the water control sector with the exact same properties as the other water control linedef in the water control sector.

Make the FOF control sector have a tag.

Tag the second control linedef in the water control sector to the same tag as the FOF control sector.

And it should make the water under the FOF.

Be sure to distinguish the control Linedefs from the control Sectors!

Tagging them both to the same sector is What he's doing!

IT DOESN'T WORK!

I personally find that the easiest way to look at it, is just to completely ignore the existance of the water when making the solid FOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back