• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

AcePremier's Experimental Thread

Ace Premier

Team Springs' member
I was neglecting the Message Board for years. So, here I am.

Note: The work presented is not obligated to not be part of Team Blue Springs' (Team Springs') Projects, maybe even other community/personal projects. The point of this thread is to showcase my newest work regardless of any correlation.

----------------------------------------
Good evening! Random media #1

From Pipe Kingdom Zone; Game Styles;

srb20318.gif
srb20495.gif

srb20394.png

srb20394-png.101937
srb20227.png
srb20048.png
srb20633.png

Last edited:
HOW DOES A THREAD LIKE THIS END UP WITH NO ENGAGEMENT

You know my thoughts already Ace, because of the TBS discord server.

However I'll put it here regardless; The amount of time, effort, care, and craftsmanship put into all of your projects is actually astounding

Woah! I was never notified of the creation of the thread. Was wondering if it was an old thing that was left alone for long but... No! Some of this stuff is really impressive, I agree with Othius' sentiment! :wonderful:

I was neglecting the Message Board for years. So, here I am.

Note: The work presented is not obligated to not be part of Team Blue Springs' (Team Springs') Projects, maybe even other community/personal projects. The point of this thread is to showcase my newest work regardless of any correlation.

----------------------------------------
Good evening! Random media #1

From Pipe Kingdom Zone; Game Styles;

View attachment 101941View attachment 101942
View attachment 101946
srb20394-png.101937
View attachment 101938View attachment 101939View attachment 101940

You are a member of the blue spring?

HOW DOES A THREAD LIKE THIS END UP WITH NO ENGAGEMENT

You know my thoughts already Ace, because of the TBS discord server.

However I'll put it here regardless; The amount of time, effort, care, and craftsmanship put into all of your projects is actually astounding
To be pretty fair, most of the community is pretty much accustomed to my projects. -- Otherwise yes, thank you.
Woah! I was never notified of the creation of the thread. Was wondering if it was an old thing that was left alone for long but... No! Some of this stuff is really impressive, I agree with Othius' sentiment! :wonderful:
:wonderful:
You are a member of the blue spring *team*?
Yes.

Uooo there must be a lot of work to make a mod, right?
A lot of work is an understatement in my case. Though, depends.

28.10.2023 or 10/28/2023, whatever you fancy.
---------------------------------------------------
I have been on the side working on the JCZ1 revamp for MRCE.
srb20424-png.103746

Mostly work went into gimmicks. The map itself is not exactly presentable yet.
I wanted to make it more coast like the original v5 incarnation before I streamlined the heck out of it in v6.
It won't be anything too big, just something to make it interesting enough to play through and ease players playing as Sonic into new thok.

----------------------------------------------------
Pipe Kingdom Zone on the other hand, well at this point, truly Mario Mode ++ is more fitting.
I can't reveal much, but Super Mario Bros Wonder and Mario Movie had a bit bigger effect on the project.
In a directional way. It is still a mess, in my opinion. Eyeballed assets throughout the entire franchise, but slowly project is distancing from that.

PKZ1 1-1 (Grassland) was truly a showcase of what I mean. I plan to scrap the whole 1-1 skybox and a bit more...

srb20315.png

However, there were a few influences from Super Mario Bros Wonder. Just have this little snippet.

I have been also playful with animated skin colours.

Meanwhile, I know it won't get answered again but I would like to request for like 8th time... if someone would like to take PKZ project from the audio and musical side. The remixes of SMB1 1-1 and 1-2 won't cut it anymore. With ideas that are yet to shape the future, said remixes won't fit at all anymore. Thematically and tone-wise. If you are interested, I am not even asking for SRB2-styled music, it could be anything, I just want it for it to fit.

-- Please contact me on Discord either in Springs' Team server or in DMs.

Attachments

• srb20424.png
    srb20424.png
    412.1 KB · Views: 640
A lot of work is an understatement in my case. Though, depends.

28.10.2023 or 10/28/2023, whatever you fancy.
---------------------------------------------------
I have been on the side working on the JCZ1 revamp for MRCE.
srb20424-png.103746

Mostly work went into gimmicks. The map itself is not exactly presentable yet.
I wanted to make it more coast like the original v5 incarnation before I streamlined the heck out of it in v6.
It won't be anything too big, just something to make it interesting enough to play through and ease players playing as Sonic into new thok.

----------------------------------------------------
Pipe Kingdom Zone on the other hand, well at this point, truly Mario Mode ++ is more fitting.
I can't reveal much, but Super Mario Bros Wonder and Mario Movie had a bit bigger effect on the project.
In a directional way. It is still a mess, in my opinion. Eyeballed assets throughout the entire franchise, but slowly project is distancing from that.

PKZ1 1-1 (Grassland) was truly a showcase of what I mean. I plan to scrap the whole 1-1 skybox and a bit more...

View attachment 103751

However, there were a few influences from Super Mario Bros Wonder. Just have this little snippet.

I have been also playful with animated skin colours.

Meanwhile, I know it won't get answered again but I would like to request for like 8th time... if someone would like to take PKZ project from the audio and musical side. The remixes of SMB1 1-1 and 1-2 won't cut it anymore. With ideas that are yet to shape the future, said remixes won't fit at all anymore. Thematically and tone-wise. If you are interested, I am not even asking for SRB2-styled music, it could be anything, I just want it for it to fit.

-- Please contact me on Discord either in Springs' Team server or in DMs.
It's really a lot of work but I understand blue spring's work is incredible

Nothing has been posted here since the October of 2023.
Speaking about the fact won't help it anymore. Exams, inability to allocate time, various visits and a broken sink won't help in my own case.
i love the mario wonder hud ;)
Wonderful!
It's really a lot of work but I understand blue spring's work is incredible
Thank you.

Since it has been a while, I could write up something.

10.03.2024 - 03/10/2024
Nothing too exciting, I am pretty much aware.

SRB2 Source Code - I opened up 3 merges, and one of them had to be closed. (visual menu changes, won't talk about it)
1) https://git.do.srb2.org/STJr/SRB2/-/merge_requests/2380
srb21255.gif

Not necessarily done with the custom console commands menu, but something had to be done.
Instead of submenus, I would go for the search function that would allow for specification of from which mod or category would you like to get the query. And offer "substitute" for the submenu, simply macro menu items as submenus that would instantly insert a tag into the search for controller users.
2) https://git.do.srb2.org/STJr/SRB2/-/merge_requests/2366
This one would allow for extensive changes to end-level intermission with Lua and finally make it reasonable for custom intermissions to be made. Even allowed you to decide whenever a player gets a score award. Or stop level end event entirely!

4?) I am currently messing around with allowing custom UDMF variables to be accessible by Lua and Lua ONLY in a sensible way, Console display's scaling, and drawing graphics by altered by mask. Just to say nothing can even appear on SRB2's Gitlab, it is in private. No hopes up, please.

Pipe Kingdom Zone -
Nothing truly exciting, there were some *interesting* leaks on our Discord, but the general focus right now is miscellaneous stuff. Before mapping again.
A) Ensuring that Multiplayer works fine
B) OpenGL fixes (as of now there are few oddities)
C) Eyecandy
D) Random stuff
E) Ambience
E) Some refactors (Most uneventful stuff that requires a lot of effort in this case :V)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1147926163373686825/1202995576225013921/srb20644.png?ex=65fda06f&is=65eb2b6f&hm=d8693d7d146e9dd91474ff3c5573bc625083d6e80f09a071654730ecd2c6e41a&

SPOILER_srb20898.gif

Hopefully future goomba.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1147926163373686825/1182100564188856390/obrazek.png?ex=65fb7070&is=65e8fb70&hm=aaf6477bfca8b3370a663b96b0ec8ad3bf76f76037bba8d5c913849407890240&

srb20976.gif
srb20887.gif
srb20880.gif

My Contributions to Mystic Realms Community Editions -

1) Optimization - I attempted to optimize the hud and especially the Midnight Freeze Zone and there is about 10,7%~ gain in the heaviest earliest spot in MFZ.

2) Midnight Freeze -
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/781684459530616833/1201596521834090738/srb21160.gif?ex=65f88977&is=65e61477&hm=8d455fea9fc9c3350074cf064e5822167390e36a8327774e52ce4b6d93e7b8f6&

Not still happy with this, but Borealis did change. I would wish I had some nice movement algorithm for this.

3)
As you may know, Hyper Sonic got a visual lift-up, just something quick because it was horrible on the eyes. Also, the emerald display was revamped.
srb21036.gif

4) Jade Coast Zone Act 3 -
srb20041.png

Yes, pretty aware that it is a very unusual style of arena, only to spice up the current boss fight that is likely to get replaced. So the arena will change regardless. No more thoughtless thoks :).

5) Random quick mockups

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1150508030153199626/1197667792091107469/obrazek.webp?ex=65fcb38d&is=65ea3e8d&hm=8eb6a74952bd9875df10e389a99b47e96b5fecd0dd44a144641fcc52bdf9ff89&

Attachments

• srb20974.gif
    srb20974.gif
    206.2 KB · Views: 19
This is very incredible
Thank you.

-----
Seems like some media links from Discord died, oh well.

9.04.2024 - 04/09/2024
Again, not much excitement here, my focus was again on MRCE and SRB2 hardcoding.

Sonic Robo Blast 2 Hardcoding:

SRB2, was merely messing around by hooking Lua into the render itself, as you can see it wasn't the best idea. (Implementation was lightweight, just Lua is quite slow for fast compute functions)
srb21409.gif

The console variable menu was expanded by the search bar and macros.

JAWQdnC.gif

I also put out more merge requests mainly surrounding custom UDMF fields and hook event to any addon load.
I was experimentally attempting to load Lua scripts into custom UDMF fields but that has to wait for now.

Mystic Realms Community Edition:

There is now a very experimental synergy between chilla and the environment.

X9wXh9u.gif

3Ffxm2r.gif

Of course, framerate optimizations in MFZ1 continue... I don't think I will continue optimizing anymore the zone though.

I reskinned the Catterkiller Jr. from AIZ by extension my old AIZ project to be a bit more fitting to FRZ.

eDW4l0o.gif

New emeralds.
izs5cSs.png

Endgame spoilers!

I did a bit more with Endgame, but either you likely got spoiled, played the changed section or you aren't spoiled yet. So I will keep it to myself.

Styles:

I am heavily considering preparing Adventure Style for release, mainly due to concerns of time allocation, people playing with available Springs' Team public discord beta outside of the discord group and me reducing the scope of the project. I won't hold it hostage to other more unfinished styles.

Other:

Was developing for myself some tools. But I think they are slightly cool to showcase.

sivOV44.gif

-- Debugging tool I can hook to any function.

And as you can see the radial menu or pie menu, it doesn't matter. It is fairly configurable and I would like to make it more public once it is online-friendly.

----

That's it for now, hopefully, I will have something interesting next month. Today I will go to sleep, so until next time!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back