about srb2 network

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariokart

hi, I just want to tell you all that no one never joins in my server also my servers name is water teh hedgehog but seems no one join how do you make people join? My friend in srb2 known as sonicX told me that you need to make friends?

More specifically:

Host something other than Co-op usually helps.
Host without too much lag.
Host with a decent number of total player slots.
Host with fair server variables (no low gravity, item respawn 0, etc)
Either host with no modification, or with well-made, non-n00bish WADfiles.

Etc.

hi

then i just put maxsend 99999

and why only my brother comes he sees my server in the serverlist he even see other servers including my server "water teh hedgehog's server." why is it working for him and if he doesn't got that wad he automatically downloads it :(. Even when I was new in srb2 nobody comes.

MAXSEND denotes the size in KB of the largest file that can be downloaded from your server.

i.e. If you have two wads added, a 180 and a 400 KB wad added, and your MAXSEND is 200 (default) a joiner can download the 180 KB wad, but not the 400 KB one.

Kaysakado said:
Jazz, in your example if MAXSNED is 400, could he download both WADs, or would it have to be 580 for that to work?

Yes. All that the MAXSEND command does is limit how big of a single file that you can download from the server so you would be able to download both wads since each wad is under the maximum limit.

hi

But the problem is, when i'm creating a server actually my server's name is water teh hedgehog's server it works but nobody joins

the very port that allows you to haost games like Halo and SRB2 on line. I think it was port 15.

hi

I still don't get it when im advertising on internet why won't people join in my server yet and im scared by the masterserver ban list luckily no one never join in my game. But I want people join in my game.[/i]

Try specifying what gametype will be played in your server in the server's name. Most people don't have a way to check before they join.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back