• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

A-star the hedgehog WIP (not a recolor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tails24 said:
Also, make sure there is no neck. Sonic characters have no neck |=\

Yes they do, only it's not shown much. EVERYTHING living that stands on two legs has a neck. Hedgehogs don't stand on their hind legs in real life, but they have necks anyway. :P

Basically, just don't really make it that his neck stands out too much.

Hyper Shadic X said:
Tails24 said:
Also, make sure there is no neck. Sonic characters have no neck |=\

Yes they do, only it's not shown much. EVERYTHING living that stands on two legs has a neck. Hedgehogs don't stand on their hind legs in real life, but they have necks anyway. :P

Basically, just don't really make it that his neck stands out too much.

Basically what I ment... Whatever =P

um... sonic males don't wear clothes, now do they?

I guess I'll take a look at senku's WADs.

Be original for once. Think of your own design instead of copycatting Senku's stuff. And yes, male Sonic characters can wear cloths. Example: boots, belts, socks, gloves, and etc.

astar said:
workshop9.png
V9
workshop10.png
V10 -final

his head on the back sprite has bad shading =/
it shouldnt be straight, but a curve whith the shape of his head

How could you run out of shades, astar? Besides, is that in the SRB2 Pallete?

For some reason, those head spikes look flat even though they have shading. There's not enough to them to make them look solid rather than flat.

That diagonal front head look more like a front view head than what it's meant to be. Move the nose more to the side, hide the ear to the right behind the ear. Just make that head look like it's been turned to the right a bit more.

And as everyone else said, that body looks awful. Make it look more like a body. Those shoes aren't good either. Look at how Sonic's body and shoes were drawn, from all angles, and improve on your's so they look good too.

astar said:
I don't not understand what your saying. And I ran out of shades...

this is what i mean:
workshop101ae9.png

look at the head of the back sprite, that's how i would do the shading, i personaly think its better.
And the body...yea...you need to work on that body
but the other head sprites are good

Also its not in the srb2 palette. I made a new body for him, but will only show it if Astar says its all right

@Tails24

okay, you can.

@zck2020

I was going to look at to see how to make it more realistic.

??? Lemme refrase that, he looks retarded with his head sitting at the very top of his body like that. Move the head down a bit.

Monster Iestyn said:
We can't be recolours of each other, because our shape is different with every human.

Twins? They can be reclours.

Let me try to understand something, if he were to make his character fat, taller than Sonic, with a neck and the likes, it wouldn't be a reclour or edit?

Chrome the hedgehog said:
Let me try to understand something, if he were to make his character fat, taller than Sonic, with a neck and the likes, it wouldn't be a reclour or edit?
No, he'd just look fat and tall. (And long necked.)

But then that makes humans.....

I might as well give up, I'm already off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back