A Spammer is on the loose on srb2

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i was playing srb2 with my freinds then right when we get to the finish this guy comes in and spams and the server shutsdown!!!

Silverwarrior said:
well i was playing srb2 with my freinds then right when we get to the finish this guy comes in and spams and the server shutsdown!!!
The server might have shut down because he might have wanted to get rid of the spammer or because he was experiencing network difficulties. just simply get his node bu typing
Code:
node
in the console then simply
Code:
Ban <node>

Silverwarrior said:
no it is like he never joined and you cant even stop him before spams

If I'm correct there is a councle command to mute chat.

Code:
MUTE ON

I think that is it... so they could just turn
mute on when he starts to spam.

PhilTH said:
It just happened too me! thankfully the server did not shutdown
Spammers don't bug me on my server because when one spams the rest do and the spammer doesn't find it fun and goes so =P

Yes! Finally some action. I canceled searching for hackers but anyway this sounds fun. And yes gotta love that ban command.

Private Servers do work you know. If they don't, then try adding "-udpport 5029" to the command line.

The point is that people can't find your private servers if they're not on the MS.

I'll Begin said:
Private Servers do work you know. If they don't, then try adding "-udpport 5029" to the command line.

The point is that people can't find your private servers if they're not on the MS.

*Star advice* Nice one.

About the other methods, some hackers can negate all the server commands, and mess up your netgame. Only one person was doing that, though. (I experienced that on a server) So if the spammer doesn't have a node, the only way to get rid of them is to shut down the server...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back