A narrow escape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
astar said:
Agh, I got tricked by antivirus >.>

My computer was giving me pop-ups to download a certain anti-virus program (IE antivirus), andI downloaded it 'cause It kept annoying me. when I used it, it actually opened up harmful sites, and wouldn't let me close them. McAfee {sp?} Neutralized it, but believe it or not, It's still on my computer doing no harm.
Thats what happened to me, it alerted me my computer was infected and kept trying to bring me to these sites to download anti virus. So what i did then was use Mcafee's lockdown, and i lockeddown my internet and all service flowing in and out then scanned and system restored and stuff.

I truely had somewhere around 50 viruses. Trojans, adware, worms, etc. I hadn't updated my anitvirus in 8 years (lol). I used avast! and it cleared it all. :)

I know how you feel, once I was surfing the web a night (as you do) and I downloaded a program without knowing about the virus, I then had to use system restore because it wouldnt let me uninstall it, just after I restord the computer my mum walked into the living room and didn't notice a thing, wich is good because My Pc lacks internet so I have to use the family one. now I dont download anything...much.

Mcafee/AVG deleted 7 Trojans on my computer. However, SRB2 actually ran when the viruses were on it.

Can anyone tell me any free, non virused anti-virus software that i can download for free, thats better than mcafee and wont use a lot of memory and ram?

Sonic Destiny said:
Can anyone tell me any free, non virused anti-virus software that i can download for free, thats better than mcafee and wont use a lot of memory and ram?
AVG.......

Sonic Destiny said:
Maybe Avast!...

Sonic Destiny said:

You can try Norton 360. It's pretty good anti-virus program that greatly protects your computer. I use it and it's pretty good.

NeoAce said:
Sonic Destiny said:

You can try Norton 360. It's pretty good anti-virus program that greatly protects your computer. I use it and it's pretty good.
Sorry but Norton 360 wont help him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back