Invalid A modeler's bruh moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeonSRB2

Same addons loaded, adds squash and stretch and no way to toggle off
srb20182.gif

srb20183.gif

2.2.10 please come

that mod uses 2.2.9's spritexscale and spriteyscale functions, which can emulate squashing and stretching if used correctly. note, however, that it's spritex/yscale. it doesn't affect models, sadly.

i understand, but things like sprite rotation affect models just as much as they affect sprites, so I would still consider it a bug that models dont really replicate stretching at all.
Post automatically merged:

like x could control x and z and y could do just y
simple

that mod uses 2.2.9's spritexscale and spriteyscale functions, which can emulate squashing and stretching if used correctly. note, however, that it's spritex/yscale. it doesn't affect models, sadly.
again forgot to reply whoops

Last edited:
it's not a bug if it's an intentional design decision. it only affects sprites because it was created to only affect sprites.

i understand, but things like sprite rotation affect models just as much as they affect sprites, so I would still consider it a bug that models dont really replicate stretching at all.

like x could control x and z and y could do just y
simple

again forgot to reply whoops
There’s a fundamental difference between resizing a sprite and resizing a model. With a sprite, the game knows to move the x and y axis a certain distance and does that for all 8 rotations. Those same settings only account for two dimensions, x and y. Because 3D models have three dimensions, it has to deal with another dimension that needs to be resized. Although you say it’s as easy as giving the Z axis the same value as the X axis, the model probably wouldn’t look that great at all. Just because something would work in theory doesn’t mean it’s the best decision

Models don't support sprite scaling just yet, although it is possible to implement. If you don't wish to have the disparity, don't use the mod until the parity exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back