A 4kids Rent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iStepable

iStepable
I just want to say something about this and im not sure if there is a topic about this but here goes...

You see, 4kids is a staff that dubs anime. Im ok with that as long its an anime I like. BUT the fanboys or fangirls of anime hate 4kids due to what they like. Here's a ex: fangirl HOW DARE YOU RUIN SONIC X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!1! See what I mean here? In my words, I think the 4kids acters for sonic are ok to me. Hell, even tails is ok to me =/ And 4kids is a decnt for dubbing animes.

Any things you, my fellow members, to say about this rent?

steveb96 said:
And 4kids is a decnt for dubbing animes.
Do you honestly see a company that cuts 143 episodes of One Piece down to around 100 as "decent"? If so, you are severely misguided, and I hope this ailment is alleviated as soon as time permits.

It's rant*

The voice dubs arn't the only thing. Several scenes were cut out because of violence and weaponry. Oh, and nothing was wrong with the japanese openings; 4kids doesn't want any children to learn anything new is all. Too bad for them; there's plenty of anime and jap. music elsewhere.

You don't seem to understand. 4kids did exactly what their name implies-made the dubbed anime "4kids". They rip out the best parts of the anime, replace all guns with a strange never before seen hammer device, paint over every injury , all blood, "scary" parts, and delete perfectly good scenes for no reason. It's not about the voice acting alone,(which in my opinion, is horrible) it's about everything else as well.
EDIT: Also, they have an obsession of turning riceballs into sandwiches.
EDIT 2: Found something that shows one of the differences between the original Japanese Sonic X and the 4kids version. Here.

One, you spelled rant wrong.

Two, there are more reasons for not liking their dub. Maria's death was edited even though SA2 and ShTH both say that she died. They thought that Chaos Control was Dr. Eggman's base.

*Chaos Control causes the main characters to be teleported to Earth
Amy: What is that?
Knuckles: It used to be Chaos Control. <--Has got to be the worst quote in the dub.

The lead producer had NO experience with Sonic in ANY form before. They took clips of the original voice actors and told the new voice actors to imitate the originals instead of just hiring the originals.

Need I go on?

Orangelink said:
You don't seem to understand. 4kids did exactly what their name implies-made the dubbed anime "4kids". They rip out the best parts of the anime, replace all guns with a strange never before seen hammer device, paint over every injury , all blood, "scary" parts, and delete perfectly good scenes for no reason. It's not about the voice acting alone,(which in my opinion, is horrible) it's about everything else as well.
=/ I have to go with you on that.

". They rip out the best parts of the anime
I kinda see what you mean here but depands what you mean.

, replace all guns with a strange never before seen hammer device
depands if its soccer moms or dads lolz

paint over every injury
like green blood lolz just kidding but I seen blood and i wanted to taste it o.o

all blood, "scary" parts, and delete perfectly good scenes for no reason
Man do I have to comapre the animes again. But true there.

steveb96 said:
I just want to say something about this and im not sure if there is a topic about this but here goes...

You see, 4kids is a staff that dubs anime. Im ok with that as long its an anime I like. BUT the fanboys or fangirls of anime hate 4kids due to what they like. Here's a ex: fangirl HOW DARE YOU RUIN SONIC X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!1! See what I mean here? In my words, I think the 4kids acters for sonic are ok to me. Hell, even tails is ok to me =/ And 4kids is a decnt for dubbing animes.

Any things you, my fellow members, to say about this rent?
Sonic X was a flaw by itself,
1. A boy that says Sonic, and have flashbacks about him.

2. Messing up the Story line of Sonic Adventure and SA2B

3.Little kids in love *Tails/Cosmo
, for like about 28 episodes, Sonic+lovestory = Vomit.

4.Planet Eggs? Space Ship Adventure? Startreck much?

The episodes 1-30 was ok.

hyperson said:
I don't ever get sonic x its not based off sonic games.
If you see the SA and the SA2 storylines and episodes youl find alot of messed up parts. Sonic X would of been great if they dident go to the human world....

Guys, it's 4Kids. They do their dubbing for (shock) kids! So naturally they're going to take that all out. If you want the original, well, that's what fansubs are for.

Fansubs usually end up having more expletives than The Osbournes. Expletives that the original Japanes doesn't contain.

Dark Warrior said:
Guys, it's 4Kids. They do their dubbing for (shock) kids! So naturally they're going to take that all out. If you want the original, well, that's what fansubs are for.

This is what im saying and WE HAVE DIFFENT CLUTRE THEN JAPAN
We're USA there Japan. We have their anime and they have our shows (i think they do.)

steveb96 said:
WE HAVE DIFFENT CLUTRE THEN JAPAN
We're USA there Japan. We have their anime and they have our shows (i think they do.)

pfffffffffffffffffft Ahahahah! ahah... hah... Oh, that wasn't a sarcastic joke...? O.o

I'm fairly sure only people on on the western hemesphere could ever get American shows. Even then, it's very limited WHICH shows you get, and which you don't.

For example, I'm Canadian. While we get alot of american shows, we have our own broadcasts aswell.

>Adult swim + Cartoon network: Don't Have.
>YTV + Teletoon: Have Instead.

>'Disney Channel': Don't have.
>"Family": Have Instead.

Like Britain has Jetix and so on.
Personally, I think 4kids suck serious butt.
Their actors just don't seem talented enough; and replacing Tails with...a female actress? Hello? He's male?
Okay, maybe Japan did too, but he atleast sounded male.
And after watching the Sonic X Episode 77 compared, I will never forgive 4kids.
I never knew just reading from subtitles and watching it as well could be so..sad...

RE4FAN said:
Like Britain has Jetix and so on.
Personally, I think 4kids suck serious butt.
Their actors just don't seem talented enough; and replacing Tails with...a female actress? Hello? He's male?
Okay, maybe Japan did too, but he atleast sounded male.
And after watching the Sonic X Episode 77 compared, I will never forgive 4kids.
I never knew just reading from subtitles and watching it as well could be so..sad...
True, when Tails shot that cannon on the 4morons version he dident realy say anything, but on the TMS version he said a hole bunch of stuff and flashbacks.

RE4FAN said:

...That was so bad. So your saying that a girl can't act for a boy. thats so sad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back