3D model rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.
omg

That's what I'm doing! Lol, why do you think I would ask Shuffle for the MD2 info? I plan on using MD2's for about half of the objects used in SRB2, and the rest are going to be custom sprites.

Working on it, don't ask. It's strictly private.

You'd know and wouldn't have had to write a PM to me if you read Segment's first post..

What I posted was all the information you needed. If you still don't understand those amazingly simple instructions, you're out of luck.

Shuffle said:
Segment's

D=

It's Segmint, but I don't like the name anymore... I want it to just be "Mint", but I doubt the Administrators would care enough to change it for me, so I never bothered to ask.

Well, BlazingPhoenix used to be called KingOfFlames.

My only problem with MD2s is that it seems you can't have multiple skins. Or I could be wrong.

Hmm, I'd totally love a modified SRB2 with extended 3D character capabilities (and made compatibility of models in SRB2 a crapload better). Then people who think Sonic GL would be better would probably switch over to SRB2. But who cares about them anyway, they're graphics freaks. D:

I'll Begin said:
My only problem with MD2s is that it seems you can't have multiple skins. Or I could be wrong.

You are. =(

If you replace the PLAY sprites, then yeah, it will overwrite all characters, but if that character uses specific sprites, say OMFG, then you could just replace OMFG sprites.

I don't think you can have more than one skin with MD2s. Remember that Knux's sprites are KNUXA1, KNUXB2, etc, and the MD2 replaces his sprites as well as Sonic and Tails'.

Um, well then I dunno, but it could be an MD2 that is loaded in a wad... but...

I don't care? I'm just sorta confused, but what would be awesome is a bit more MD2 support in the first place! =D

What would be nice is some GL_AMBIENT lighting. ;)

Has there even been anything released for Sonic GL yet?

Would GL_AMBIENT be the kind of lights that you use to light up rooms? Because that would be really pretty.

SSNTails said:
Has there even been anything released for Sonic GL yet?
No, but having glanced over it's forum/guestbook quickly, it's apparently going to be at SAGE.

So, when does SAGE start again?

Heh, I fail to see why you need Python to save as MD2s, but at least I have an alternative to Milkshape, which I can't get working for some dumb reason.

You know, you could just use a program that's easy for you, and that supports a filetype that can be exported to another program, that can then export it to an MD2, right? That's what I do, as MilkShape isn't my thing, and if anything, I would only use MD2s for idle stuff, like rings/SP. rings, springs, scenery, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back