3D Games in C++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't jump into C++. Learn C first. I don't even know C++, and it's really a 'frivilous' extra.

If you start out with a C++ book, you'll have your head spinning from reading about "classes".

SSNTails said:
Don't jump into C++. Learn C first. I don't even know C++, and it's really a 'frivilous' extra.

If you start out with a C++ book, you'll have your head spinning from reading about "classes".

So what's the diference between C+ and C++? Are they just an extension of C with phivilous extras?

C++ is object-oriented, and also has a bunch of dumb stuff you don't need that encourages sloppy programming.

C++ 3d!

It's easy to learn C++ and C at the same time, as long as you skip the 'fabulous' extras. Then, they're basically the same, 'cept C++ has some goodies. You can program C style programs in C++. I use MINGW w/ Dev-C++ and allegro to make most of my stuff, including 2 recent poor 3d engines, and also have made a 3d engine with DirectX. It's quick to learn all that stuff... only 2 years, if you have a good knowledge of Javascript already. Otherwise, it may take 2 more. Good luck!
Oh, I might could teach you. After a while, though, you'd probably be teaching me, as I tend to fight bug after crash after syntax error after incorrect formula. Some of my stuff is at my website listed below.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back