• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2D Levels Project

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't DO 2D isometric in SRB2 :|.
In fact you can't do 2D at all. You can just do 3D with a gimped Y axis.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
it sorta uses a top view of a map, with a set camera height, and with analog controls on
Hey, this sounds familiar.

Sans analog controls, THAT'S HOW DOOM WORKS. Nice job trying to look smart. Except not.

GCFreak said:
Well whatever render it's using is debatable. But right now we'll go with Shuffle's suggestion. It is now unofficially 2D Isometric. So it belongs with the 2D Levels Project.
It's not "debatable". 3D Blast renders levels in 2D with an isometric view not unlike earlier installments in the SimCity series. Regardless, you've managed to completely miss the point of this thread. 2D mode obviously means 2D platforming where you move on two axes. I don't care if 3D Blast isn't "real" 3D, you move on three axes, or dimensions. Tell me again how it is possible to remake 3D Blast levels in SRB2's 2D mode. That's exactly what you're claiming by stating such an absurd thing.

That is one of the reasons why I left it out, around the net people say Sonic 3D is 2D when it is pseudo-3D, I wasn't sure. So I put it in there for debating about.

You haven't explained how it could possibly fit in a project like this. There's a reason it's called Sonic 3D Blast. That reason is that it's NOT a 2D platformer. How dense can you be?

Tets said:
You haven't explained how it could possibly fit in a project like this. There's a reason it's called Sonic 3D Blast. That reason is that it's NOT a 2D platformer. How dense can you be?

I like where this is going.

GCFreak said:
Well since everyone has been taking favour into recreating the classic Genesis Sonic levels because of Flame releasing the FIRST Loop wad, I decided to make a checklist of who's doing what.

Sonic the Hedgehog: Flame_The_Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Roboashura (With a little help of me)

Sonic the Hedgehog 3: Flame_The_Hedgehog

Sonic & Knuckles: Anyone?

Sonic 3D Blast: *Ahem* akirahedgehog

Knuckles' Chaotix: Anyone?

Please post if you have any other games to add to the list. Thank you!

sign me up

and also add sonic advance 1 through 3

For the record, I think that every project on that list is gonna crash and burn.
Just saying this so I can say "I told you so" later.

Shuffle said:
For the record, I think that every project on that list is gonna crash and burn.
Don't be such a pesimist, let them continue there crazy dreams. We're already building a starship out of gummies, why not remake the original Sonic games on an engine that will never get it done.

Draykon said:
Shuffle said:
Don't be such a pesimist, let them continue there crazy dreams.

So we can laugh at them go terrible awry. :)

The suggestions forum description said:
Suggestions and Help
This forum is for making suggestions or asking for help. Please refrain from flaming people for ignorance. We all start somewhere.

Hyper Tails said:
The suggestions forum description said:
Suggestions and Help
This forum is for making suggestions or asking for help. Please refrain from flaming people for ignorance. We all start somewhere.

It's not really flaming. And besides, Mystic said it himself:

Mystic said:
It is not feasible to recreate S3K in SRB2. There are no slopes, and slopes are basically required for recreating the classic games. Never mind how gigantic the stages in S3K are, how the enemies would need to be programmed in, and all the issues with the gimmicks located in all of the stages, many of which would be totally impossible to replicate.

More games

Gamegear

Sonic Blast
Sonic Chaos
Sonic Drift
Sonic Drift 2
Sonic Labyrinth
Sonic Spinball
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic the Hedgehog: Triple Trouble

Gen

Sonic Spinball

Ds

Sonic Rush

Gba

Sonic Battle
Sonic Pinball Party

Game.com

Sonic Jam

Arcade

Sonic the Hedgehog Arcade

Mobile

Sonic the Hedgehog

NGPC

Sonic the hedgehog: pocket adventure

I would like to point out the inconsistency here, that 3D Blast is pseudo-3D as well, but it's still part of the "project". Commence lolz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back