2.3 Discussion

That's alright. I could wait 20, heck even 30 years for those. If everyone leaves the dev team until then, i am taking lead on the project and finishing it all myself. Yeah.

That's alright. I could wait 20, heck even 30 years for those. If everyone leaves the dev team until then, i am taking lead on the project and finishing it all myself. Yeah.
You technically can finish the campaign yourself since the modding functionality is robust enough to do that, but I would not expect Sonic Team Jr. to just slot the levels in if you offered them.

I have my own level pack being worked on, so I can only wish you luck in trying to match the quality of the existing zones.

Yeah, now that you say it, if a modder was good enough, they could make the last few levels on-par with the existing ones. And thanks, but i don't really plan on doing that, i said it for the funnies.

At this point, it may not matter quite as much if the team ended up focusing more on the Lua API, graphics rendering, and general engine features than new official content.

The reason is because we are not near as dependent on new campaign content as we once were, advanced mapping and complex character creation is a lot easier than before and it is quite trivial to load up addons (unlike 2.1 which required console commands until very late in the cycle). Now I still believe there is value in completing the campaign according to SSNTails' original vision, but there is no hurry considering the platform the game has become.

That makes sense. Playing mystic realm CE doesn't even feel like playing a mod, it feels like an actual new campaign. So with stuff like that i think we can hold on until, and if, they add the rest of the stuff.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back