2.2.11 Hosting

It's fine that the public ip isn't required, because there's one for each network I believe. What's not so good is that it didn't ask for a local IP, which is weird because there is not really any other way for it to know which device is hosting the server.
Now for the possible solution. NOBODY seems to tell you this anymore, but for certain ISPs, there is a setting within that whole admin panel thing called "DMZ" which basically allows you to let one local IP host servers on the internet, and with it off, they can't do that at all. If you don't see that at all or it still doesn't work, here's another thing that could solve your problem. If you're using at least Windows 10 I think, check in windows firewall if SRB2 can communicate on private networks. If it doesn't, switch it so that it does. Then go into the Wifi settings, then whatever network you're using, and if your network is set to a "Public" network, switch it to "Private".
Post automatically merged:

That's not a local ip. That's a public IP. Sorry if that was a typo.

Quick update. Probably don't use DMZ. It's the only thing that worked for me, and I wasn't completely sure what it was, but after looking it up further it seems to be very insecure. Don't use it.

Just use ngrok or something. (Actually don't, ngrok doesn't support UDP)
Ok, wow that was alot.
1. You said yourself I can't use DMZ
2. I have Windows 11, and my settings for SRB2 is both public AND private. So maybe we can base a solution off of that?
3. ...You, once again, said yourself I can't use ngrok.
But, yeah, for some reason the local IP thing doesnt appear for a modern day AT&T settings. The ONLY solution I can think of right now based off of all this is to somehow manipulate the firewall, but I checked and Im set to both public and private. Hopefully we can figure something out form that?

Ok, wow that was alot.
1. You said yourself I can't use DMZ
2. I have Windows 11, and my settings for SRB2 is both public AND private. So maybe we can base a solution off of that?
3. ...You, once again, said yourself I can't use ngrok.
But, yeah, for some reason the local IP thing doesnt appear for a modern day AT&T settings. The ONLY solution I can think of right now based off of all this is to somehow manipulate the firewall, but I checked and Im set to both public and private. Hopefully we can figure something out form that?
(The reason i appear to contradict myself is because i'm updating it without editing it, sorry)
Alright, it seems that you already set up the firewall exceptions in your ISP's admin panel, but are you sure you've set that firewall rule to accept from remote instead of accept from local? There should be a setting for that in whatever firewall rule you added.
Example:
1685745050676.png

If it's not like that already, switch it. If it still doesn't work, then you can try and figure out the problem with AT&T port forwarding not asking for a local IP. That's probably the problem, because local IPs identify specific devices on the network instead of the network itself like the public IP. Without the local IP, that port forwarding rule won't even know which device the server's supposed to be running on. I can't help you with that though, I don't use AT&T.

Last edited:
(The reason i appear to contradict myself is because i'm updating it without editing it, sorry)
Alright, it seems that you already set up the firewall exceptions in your ISP's admin panel, but are you sure you've set that firewall rule to accept from remote instead of accept from local? There should be a setting for that in whatever firewall rule you added.
Example:
View attachment 92867
If it's not like that already, switch it. If it still doesn't work, then you can try and figure out the problem with AT&T port forwarding not asking for a local IP. That's probably the problem, because local IPs identify specific devices on the network instead of the network itself like the public IP. Without the local IP, that port forwarding rule won't even know which device the server's supposed to be running on. I can't help you with that though, I don't use AT&T.
Yeah no. I definitely dont have that setting. Its just my AT&T settings being a jerk to me. So if there's so solution (for AT&T users) thats fine by me

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back