• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

2.0 Port W.I.P. (ON HOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Kixx Reborn

Let's give it all we got!
Since I got help from the modding help section, I'm finally ready to get this show on the road, here are some things I've done so far:

srb20078.png
srb20079.png
srb20080.png

I've given them all their 2.0 descriptions(Except for the Abilities and tips that was my own thing).

srb20085.png
srb20086.png

Just like a port should, I've gotten the 2.0 Sprites, this wasn't really hard since it was just a tiny change but this is what I've done so far.
I've gotten the final demo stages done so far and I plan to do more, I might release a beta tomorrow after I check a few things, but for now this is what I got for right now.

(P.S. I'll be keeping the Vanilla Sprites I'll Just add The Legacy Trio with the pack)
Post automatically merged:

Also I wanna clarify since in 2.0 there was no Castle Eggman boss I decided to just keep the 2.2 Boss

Also If you would like to help me with this port that would be much appreciated, it would get this done a lot faster and I'm Releasing the beta version tonight

Alright guys beta is out here you go https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L80oDj7JxT07ZdzSuYpxQrJ8h7zrcG-6/view?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jkkd5xUUR6iNJxSzH6dFUHZzqK5LE_2E/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Seems promising so far. However...
I can't help but notice something in Special Stage 5 - you forgot to replace one ring.
Please fix this in the next release. Anyway, wish you luck!

soon enough we're gonna have a port of the IRC Beta version lmao

Attachments

• srb20107.gif
    srb20107.gif
    573.2 KB · Views: 100
Seems promising so far. However...
I can't help but notice something in Special Stage 5 - you forgot to replace one ring.
Please fix this in the next release. Anyway, wish you luck!

soon enough we're gonna have a port of the IRC Beta version lmao
Actually I ran into that same issue. I replaced all thingtype 300 (rings) with thingtype 1706 (blue spheres), yet in special stage 1 theres 20 rings and in special stage 5 theres 1 ring. And then theres Spring Hill which has some parts which should have chips instead of stars. (or spheres instead of rings)
Also I wanna clarify since in 2.0 there was no Castle Eggman boss I decided to just keep the 2.2 Boss
What do you mean? There is no Castle Eggman Act 3. In my 2.0 port, 2.2. levels are hidden and inaccessible. And I made it so that the level order is exactly like 2.0's.
If you havent already you could look at what I have already and build on top of that just in case you dont want to do everything from the start. It's okay if you don't want to use mine as a base
just recommending

EDIT: I NEED TO FIX MINE

Edit: Fixed. Just changed "NEXTLEVEL = 12" to "NEXTLEVEL = 13"

Last edited:
Just updated the port, removed map 12 and just moves onto Arid Canyon Act 1, so now I'm working on fixing the tubes since they are broken at the moment and I will be changing the blue spheres to rings to resemble the special stages from 2.0

Weird, I check slade an map 12 appears to be not there when I check the maps folder, yet I tried making sure in the multiplayer server and it warped me to the 2.2 boss
srb20224.gif

Last edited:
I’d recommend changing the CEZ3 Arena and aesthetics to match that of 2.0’s Era. Basically just downgrade everything and patch things like the Eggrobos to fit the old style

I will be changing the blue spheres to rings to resemble the special stages from 2.0
Problem - due to how 2.2 works, Rings only count towards a Perfect Bonus, which means that you CANNOT get a Chaos Emerald if your non-NiGHTS Special Stage doesn't have atleast one Blue Sphere. If you want people to be able to get Chaos Emeralds, then you have to keep the Blue Spheres. Sorry about that :worry:

Problem - due to how 2.2 works, Rings only count towards a Perfect Bonus, which means that you CANNOT get a Chaos Emerald if your non-NiGHTS Special Stage doesn't have atleast one Blue Sphere. If you want people to be able to get Chaos Emeralds, then you have to keep the Blue Spheres. Sorry about that :worry:
You can patch the sprites and sounds to make them look like rings while still acting as Blue Spheres :worry:

You can patch the sprites and sounds to make them look like rings while still acting as Blue Spheres :worry:
Oh wow, well, uh, thanks for correcting me, then. I don't know much about how this kinda stuff works, I'm not that big into the modding scene lol

Oh wow, well, uh, thanks for correcting me, then. I don't know much about how this kinda stuff works, I'm not that big into the modding scene lol
You’re good lol. If you put a sprite or music track in that has the same name as one from the vanilla game, it’ll overwrite it. That’s why music and texture packs are relatively easy to make

You’re good lol. If you put a sprite or music track in that has the same name as one from the vanilla game, it’ll overwrite it. That’s why music and texture packs are relatively easy to make
Cool, I've actually had experience with overwriting music before. One time I changed the boss themes to be from Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time (and it was pretty cool having the Princess Shroob theme play over Metal Sonic's battle theme lol.)

Update: Were working on adding the extras, we were originally going to add the srb1 remake but then came to a decision it would take a lot more coding to do so we decided to just leave it alone and go with these

Attachments

• srb20000.png
    srb20000.png
    28 KB · Views: 171
we were originally going to add the srb1 remake but then came to a decision it would take a lot more coding to do so we decided to just leave it alone and go with these
Well, that, and the fact that a port of the SRB1 Remake already exists, which would've made your port of it pretty much unnecessary (no offense.)

Alright guys Ima be honest right now, the development has gone REALLY SLOW. The fact is I've been busy for a while and I haven't really gotten a chance to work on this, maybe once school for me is over, you'll get more updates, but for right now don't expect a progress update anytime soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Back