123456789spam on Youtube (youtubers must read this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an account on youtube, chances are, you probably heard of 123456789spam. He's just some hacker that got removed from youtube, but hacked his way back in. Then, he did another hack so the Youtube Team can't remove him again. Whatever you do, (everyone should take notice) DON'T WATCH ANY OF HIS VIDS OR ANSWER ANYTHING FROM HIM!!! Some say, "It's just some spam, no big deal." Others complain that, "IT'S A DEADLY HARDRIVE KILLER!!!!" I don't know the whole truth, because there are many opposing ideas. But, to be on the safe side, go to his channel, and quickly block him before something happens because of him.

Eh, my computer is already crap, I'll go check this out. Most viruses and such run off of explorer.exe, but I don't use that anyway! So hang on, I'll check this out.

EDIT: Untrue, nothing happened when I watched his video, or visited his site. I still wouldn't recommend it though, seeing as other computers work differently (like running explorer.exe).

Usually, the term "hacking" is thrown onto anything that is somewhat anomalous. I'd seriously doubt it's nearly as serious as people seem to be implying.

Ice said:
Eh, my computer is already crap, I'll go check this out. Most viruses and such run off of explorer.exe, but I don't use that anyway! So hang on, I'll check this out.

EDIT: Untrue, nothing happened when I watched his video, or visited his site. I still wouldn't recommend it though, seeing as other computers work differently (like running explorer.exe).
Still, block him. Just to be safe. Then again, I also overheard that he was just trying to scare us. Youtube seems to be very serious about this.

linux_user_at_best_buy.png

Pretty much describes the situation at hand for me.

Ice said:
I highly doubt that, considering that when you open a folder, you're already using explorer.exe. C'mon, if you have the normal Windows desktop, you are using explorer.exe already! So it's impossible to avoid, even if you install a different shell (like I did) because when you open a folder, you're already using it.

EDIT: if danger was true, then definitely the only fact of accessing YouTube would be enough. And about that comic, well, don't assume that because you aren't using Windows you're safe, 'nuff said. There are viruses even for Linux :P Not as common as Windows viruses, true, but still, there are.

Did you, by chance, get that from this?

123456789spam..... WARNING
Body: Read Or Your Account Will Be Deleted (I'm Serious Read) No Chain Yt Street Team Message
Body: Do not open anything from 123456789spam. Our customers complained that it is a hard drive killer and a very horrible virus. If you do not pass this letter to everyone on your friends list, we will delete your account. We need to find out who is really using these accounts. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sincerely, the Youtube Team

Chain letter dude.

I don't know how to block users, well I'll just not save my account in my computer. I don't even know about it. Well I just made my account just to post comments.

Sigh, people will believe anything they read on the internet. It IS just spam. Watching a video on Youtube isn't going to "kill your hard drive" no matter how "hacked" it is. Considering videos are re-encoded when uploaded to Youtube, it's patently impossible for a virus or anything of the like to make it through unscathed. It would be lost in translation, so to speak. Finally, malicious hackers are less interested in "killing" computers these days than turning them into zombies to use in coordinated attacks on major servers.

In conclusion, this seriously is not something to worry about.

This reminds me of the "MSN will become paying membership only" chain letter. Or that Bansai Kitten one. *rolls eyes*

In both those cases, the people who kept sending them to me didn't even check for themselves to see if they were real, even though all it took was to go to www.MSN.com, or a simple Google Search of "Bansai Kittens".

Idiots.

Sonicspeeders said:
Then, he did another hack so the Youtube Team can't remove him again.

Impossible, they have root access to their MySQL database, they can easily remove him.

Sik said:
Ice said:
I highly doubt that, considering that when you open a folder, you're already using explorer.exe. C'mon, if you have the normal Windows desktop, you are using explorer.exe already! So it's impossible to avoid, even if you install a different shell (like I did) because when you open a folder, you're already using it.

Please don't assume things, because you make ass out of u and me. I don't run explorer.exe hence: I don't have any desktop icons, no start menu buttons, and I run all my tasks off the task manager. I have actually gotten quite used to it actually. For some reason, the explorer.exe doesn't run correctly on startup. So I just turn it off and continue my work. ;)

Ice said:
Sik said:
Ice said:

Please don't assume things, because you make ass out of u and me. I don't run explorer.exe hence: I don't have any desktop icons, no start menu buttons, and I run all my tasks off the task manager. I have actually gotten quite used to it actually. For some reason, the explorer.exe doesn't run correctly on startup. So I just turn it off and continue my work. ;)
Whoa, you can actually do that?

Ice said:
Sik said:
Ice said:

But Sik is right. He didn't assume anything. You don't need the desktop or folders to run files. But if you have either the desktop or a folder open, you are running explorer.exe.

Yeah, I was about to say that. Ice, you changed the shell, but the program used to browse through the folders inside your computer is still explorer.exe. So still you use it. Besides I'm not sure if Windows uses it for something else (being Microsoft, I wouldn't get surprised :P).

But... apparently folders are attached to the shell somehow. So closing the shell will close all folders. No idea how this works really. Definitely blackbox isn't providing its own browser program.

EDIT: oh, also, turning it off doesn't really do so, because when you close the shell, Windows will reopen it! This is done mainly so programmers can mess up with the registry while debugging, to make the process faster. If the shell crashes this doesn't happen through.

Well, this is the way I turn it off: I go to the task manager, and then I go to "Processes", I click explorer.exe, then I press "End process". Whenever I try to open a zip file and such, I get an error. It's not running right now either.

The method you just said is exactly the very same one Microsoft suggests for resetting it :P Since Explorer is working, it'll shut down by its own means instead of being shut down directly. And since it was done that way, it'll get restarted by Windows itself. So sorry, Explorer keeps running :P

EDIT: er, wait, does shutting down by the Process tab bypass the closing message unlike doing so from the Applications tab?

Whenever I shut it down, it gives me a warning message that says something about system instability. I don't know if that's what you're talking about.

Now that's weird. I never heard about such a message. As far as I know, you can shut it down directly, and Windows will restart it for you :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back