10 questions about the ultimate cheat

jaybitts10

1. Is the ultimate cheat always been a joke?
2. Was the video named: SRB2 v2.1.25 Ultimate cheat. Unleashed! is fake? and done with a mod?
3. Is the Ultimate cheat only works if They add hyper.lua or never works with a mod?
4. Does the Ultimate cheat Closes the game?
5. Does it closes the game in all version's including the Final demo?
6. Does the Ultimate cheat Never works trying to do the Source code?
7. Does People Get mad if they use the Ultimate cheat and it closes the game?
8. Does the ultimate cheat Never works getting the hyper form as always?
9. Is the Ultimate cheat a lie?
Last but not least.
10. Is the ultimate cheat Tricks people when they try starting the ultimate cheat?

1) perhaps :knuxsmug:
2) correct: the contents of the video use a mod, and the transition between cheat use and level was edited with video editing software
3) it would be a terrible cheat if it needed a mod to work
4) perhaps :knuxsmug:
5) perhaps :knuxsmug:
6) i don't understand this question
7) did you?
8) i don't understand this question
9) perhaps :knuxsmug:
10) that is a weird question to make

why are you asking the same thing multiple times?

As far as I'm aware, yes.

2. Was the video named: SRB2 v2.1.25 Ultimate cheat. Unleashed! is fake? and done with a mod?
It's fake, but I'm not sure if it's a mod. It could simply be done in post via video editing, but a mod isn't out of the question either.

3. Is the Ultimate cheat only works if They add hyper.lua or never works with a mod?
In vanilla (unmodded) the ultimate cheat always just closes the game. There's nothing stopping anyone from making new mods that change its functionality however.

Yes.

As far as I'm aware, yes. I first unlocked it back in 1.09.4 and by then it was already just closing the game. I've never heard of it doing anything different.

I don't understand the question, but here's an attempt at an answer: The ultimate cheat functions exactly as intended.

That's subjective. It's likely that some people do, but that's going to differ from person to person.

The ultimate cheat is not intended to give you hyper, it is just a joke. The joke is that you've done everything in the game and unlocked the "ultimate cheat", only for it to do nothing aside from close the game. I don't know if there's any plans to ever include hyper in the game, but there is a reference to hyper included for going super while god mode is enabled.

No, it's a joke.

10. Is the ultimate cheat Tricks people when they try starting the ultimate cheat?
This is another subjective one. If someone attempts to use it without prior knowledge about it, it's likely they will be tricked, but that's all just part of the joke. It's also entirely possible that someone could be suspicious of it, and not be surprised when it just closes the game.

Man, I did that whole thing as just a joke.
I never actually thought people would take it seriously (maybe should've uploaded it on April 1st or something).

Yes, it has always been.

It is indeed fake. I loaded in "hyper.lua" before the game booted up and used a bind in the console to turn myself hyper with 9999 rings. I also had this weird mentality that you needed to be in specific spots of the map in order to turn hyper, but that realistically did not make sense. If I ever found myself doing a remaster of this once again, I'd just have you turn hyper right on the spot. No beating around the bush.

Nothing makes it work, regardless as to what mod you're using. You'd have to be using a custom build that changes the functionality of it to actually make it do something.

Yes, always does.

Yes, always does.

Not sure what you meant, but if you modified the source code to make it do something, then it would actually do something.

Depends if you had expectations.

Seeing as it didn't do anything... yes.

The Ultimate Cheat makes a tomfoolery out of everyone.

That implies it's sentient.

Anyways, figured I try to clear things up, since I'm the guy who made those videos. Listen to the wiser men, they have good nuggets of knowledge.

The Ultimate Cheat's been around since the first Sonic Robo Blast, if I remember correctly. It also did nothing but close the game there, so there's more than two decades of precedent for its current behavior in SRB2.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back