1.08 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you like an audio file of what I'm hearing all the time?

It's just KABOOM... (wait 1 seccond) BAM... (wait 1 seccond...) KABOOM... (wait 1 seccond) BAM... (wait 1 seccond...) KABOOM... (wait 1 seccond) BAM... (wait 1 seccond...) KABOOM... (wait 1 seccond) BAM... (wait 1 seccond...) KABOOM... (wait 1 seccond) BAM... (wait 1 seccond...) KABOOM... (wait 1 seccond) BAM... (wait 1 seccond...)... or something like that. I can put up an OGG if anyone wants it...

LOL.

Well, I guess you could make a bubble patch under some water in a hidden sector to try to randomize the thunder...

... Or just put enemys, bubbles, random monitors, etc. in your level and FINISH IT before complaining about stupid stuff like that. :|

Once you finish your level, random rain shouldn't be a problem, because you'll have so much more stuff in the level that'll be accessing the random table.

With computers, there is no such thing as random. You have to simulate it.

Most games do that, HotDog, but SRB2 actually has a list of random numbers instead. :| That sucks.

Generating random numbers by querying the system clock takes a long time.

Yeah, because you have to query either the BIOS or the operating system for the current time. It's so much faster to just pluck a value from a linear array already in memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back