SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

I have some crash bugs,one is on the last boss in egg rock 3 when he hits you with the sticky stuff,it completely crashes (requires power button hold to escape).

The other one is in green flower zone act 2 up in the first when I went to the high spot where the yellow springs take you before the magnet shield.

And I also noticed a wiimote loop error show up in every action on the command-line.

HNI_0081.JPG

Just to prove that WADs actually do somewhat work. =P I'm working on the WAD support today, want to get that totally fixed.

yea, i have plenty of wads that work, characters & level pack mods. but is for the previous version, do they work with the newest?

All I have to say is keep up the good work. Well, and the fact that It doesn't let anyone download it off the homebrew channel. Not sure if anyone has stated that yet or not. Just trying to help

How to get this working (If you don't use Homebrew Browser)

Ok I saw this in the Homebrew Browser and was quite interested. However, sadly, Codemii screwed up when adding it to their Repo so it won't Download from HB. I was interested enough, though, to get it Manually, but when I downloaded and Unpacked it to my SD card the Wii complains it's Missing the Data files. I figured out how to get those Data files after awhile but for other People(Who aren't as Tech Savvy as me) I decided to Post a How-To. That way they don't have to go through the Trouble of Signing-Up(The Lame Grammer Check) just to ask.

Here's how:

1. First Unzip the Package, from the First post, to your SD card
  2. Run the Homebrew and Let it Display the Error for Missing files and Dump you to the Homebrew Channel
  3. Go to the SRB2 Download page(here) and Download the Windows version of SRB2
  4. Run the Auto-Extractor and Extract to a Empty Folder(Name it "Sonic" if you Want)
  5. Now Open the Folder and copy all Files ending in "dta", "plr", "wpn", and "srb" to the "srb2wii" folder on your SD Card's Root Directory
  6. Run SRB2WII
TA-DA! It should now Work. Enjoy your Free Sonic Experience.

I did not upload this to the Homebrew Brower, and I don't recommend downloading SRB2Wii from the browser.

I did not upload this to the Homebrew Brower, and I don't recommend downloading SRB2Wii from the browser.

Yeah, in the End they Removed it from the Browser. But my Guide is still helpful for People that don't know how to get the Data files.

I asked teknecal to remove it from the browser.

Makes Sense. This is one Homebrew that would pose problems when Trying to Install it in an Automatic Fashion. Especially using a Simple method as Extracting a Zip File Direct to the Card. With So many Files that have to be Placed right(and some of them Quite Large) the possibility of Something going Bad is High. I've had things Go wrong before because a Network Error caused a Byte to be Misplaced in the Download, or the Zip was just Bad. Sometimes the Wii messes up when Decompressing because of it's Limited Resources. All in all it's Probably best it was Removed.

However you should spread Word of this Homebrew more. For Instance you don't even Show up in a search(ie:Sonic) on Wiibrew.org. If it wasn't for the Homebrew Browser I probably would never have found this, or known what to Search for.

Makes Sense. This is one Homebrew that would pose problems when Trying to Install it in an Automatic Fashion. Especially using a Simple method as Extracting a Zip File Direct to the Card. With So many Files that have to be Placed right(and some of them Quite Large) the possibility of Something going Bad is High. I've had things Go wrong before because a Network Error caused a Byte to be Misplaced in the Download, or the Zip was just Bad. Sometimes the Wii messes up when Decompressing because of it's Limited Resources. All in all it's Probably best it was Removed.

However you should spread Word of this Homebrew more. For Instance you don't even Show up in a search(ie:Sonic) on Wiibrew.org. If it wasn't for the Homebrew Browser I probably would never have found this, or known what to Search for.

I have a draft written in my user space, for when SRB2Wii does go gold. I want this to be finished soon, because when school starts I won't have a lot of time to finish it off.

It's still broken. (I cleared my cache just in case.)

EDIT: I've just noticed there's a full link toward the top of the article: "An IOS version for people loading SRB2Wii through IOS/Homebrew Channel." however this one is also broken. This one has the wrong filename, it should be "http://repos.srb2.org/srb2wii/srb2wii-ios-2.0.0rc4.tar.bz2" not "http://repos.srb2.org/srb2wii/srb2wii-ios.tar.bz2".

EDIT2: The other link should work if you use text with a link embedded (like above) instead of a direct link.

I thought this was a bug in the way the site handled links at first, but oops, the page wasn't updated after all. :x

Last edited:
It's still broken. (I cleared my cache just in case.)

EDIT: I've just noticed there's a full link toward the top of the article: "An IOS version for people loading SRB2Wii through IOS/Homebrew Channel." however this one is also broken. This one has the wrong filename, it should be "http://repos.srb2.org/srb2wii/srb2wii-ios-2.0.0rc4.tar.bz2" not "http://repos.srb2.org/srb2wii/srb2wii-ios.tar.bz2".

EDIT2: The other link should work if you use text with a link embedded (like above) instead of a direct link.

The caching reverse proxy on wiibrew doesn't update edited pages right away. You would need to add purge=1 to the URL to get it updated
http://wiibrew.org/w/index.php?title=User:Callum/Sonic_Robo_Blast_2&purge=1

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back