SRB2 is not reconizing my shift and caps lock keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFire

Here lies words
My problem this time is the fact that SRB2 doesn't seem to recognize my shift and capslock keys. Any fix to this ?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it doesn't even do that. Go try it. Caps Lock is completely unrecognized and it doesn't do a thing =P

Thats what I meant Gemini. I can't use uppercase characthers when talking because SRB2 doesn't recognize my capslock key. SRB2 also doesn't recognize my shift key, so I can't use exclamation points, question marks, etc...

Can somebody help me with this issue ? I've been having it since 1.09.4.

What country are you in? Different countries have different keyboards.

You got a point there, but there's one thing: Unless he learned to speak (or in this case, type) english, we wouldn't be able to understand a single thing he said unless one of us was educated in his language.

... I have no clue how to respond to that...

EDIT: Now that I think of it, YOU'RE WRONG!
French: Bonjour
Spanish: Hola, uno, dos, tres, quatro, sinco, ses (that's all the spanish I can remember off the top of my head)
Chinese: Connichiwa

That's definitely all I can remember off the top of my head.

Last edited:
...He was being SARCASTIC.

And some other country keyboards have extra and/or removed keys.

I'm Portuguese and I know very well how to say and write English. Maybe this guy is the same.
...Although... he could've used a translator.

... If you don't have an english/american keyboard, go out and get one. (Unless of course there's a build of SRB2 for people with different keyboards)

Mmm... I'm wondering where I can get an English keyboard in France... Oh wait, there are NO English keyboards in here! There are French, but not English ones, and that happens in EVERY country that isn't English or American.

I'm pretty sure I have an American keyboard. After all, I got my PC from America and was born in America. >.>

So, i'm assuming Dell keyboards suck ?

Reinstall SRB2 or uninstall it and install it from another mirror. Then repeat as many times as needed.

EDIT: Fixed my mistake.

Last edited:
Uh, no?

As much as I can recall, SRB2 doesn't recognize any keyboard layout other than US - an inherent issue of the Doom engine. I think your only bet would be using a US keyboard or some kind of key-map changer.

I'm pretty sure I have an American keyboard. After all, I got my PC from America and was born in America. >.>

So, i'm assuming Dell keyboards suck ?

Is your keyboard a QWERTY keyboard or a DVORAK keyboard?

Maybe it's got some sort of problem with DVORAK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back