• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Flash-drawn wads a.k.a. NG wads (cancelled)

Do you want a next gen sonic wad?

• Hell no!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • wtf r u talking about?

• no

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
camo man said:
Flame you made some of the levels, are there any new ones besides the team beta ones?

Actually, to be exact. I only made 1 level, the first kingdom valley level.
And these are all the levels we have so far.

Yay! Well no matter how big it is I'll take it. I have a some what speedy connection so I should get this downloaded in about 7 minutes now...

camo man said:
Where's Wave Ocean Zone?
Doesn't exist in the beta as of yet.

Comments:

Pros :
- BETA
- Nice look
- What? Nothing else.

Cons :
- Massive LAG of this wad without Netplay blows
- The Character wad definentaly needs finishing
- Yeah, all the stages past Moonlander's MachSpeed Zone were rushed and apparentally not completed.
- Character seems to spindash too fast at the start of a dash

and...

- SA mode sux

It saddened me when I played this; It was so horrible with all the lag that I reverted to using SHADOW of all characters to get through it. I never did because of Constant Lag Spikes though. And I'm on a pretty Damn good operating system, so don't even pull that one on me.

Anyways, now for a question. Where the Bloody Hell did you get the Tracks?!

Sykotic said:
And I'm on a pretty Damn good operating system, so don't even pull that one on me.

...what? Define "pretty Damn <gic> good operating system" for a start. Also, both Mac OS and Win XP can run on old PC's as well so neither of them count as a measure of system adequacy.

After downloading the beta, I found the gameplay to be rather flawed, with the complaint of "too much time flying off a god-dammed cliff" being my biggest bug bear (Which is one of the main complaints of the actual game.) Second is the difficulty of retaining your rings when faced with more than one of the laser shooting robots.

Well... here is Kroze's review of this "Mod" if you even can call it that...
More like glorified level pack.

Now I know you guys have worked really really hard on this but I really do have to say this whole thing blows hard....
REALLY HARD...
Lets take all the problems of Sonic 2k6 and combine them with all of SRB2's shortcomings along with a really really terrible character wad of Sonic, that is not just badly drawn but does not fit his surroundings and you have SRB2 Nex-Gen.

1. Controls
You have SOMEHOW got the dark gods in this since in some unholy way ported Sonic 2k6's horrible control scheme to SRB2 and somehow MADE IT WORSE.
I kept spindashing off ledges, my homing attack loved to fail to home in on what it was suppose to be doing and send me to my doom once again and I had to fight with the program every time to turn off Analog controls every time I died. So yeah... not good...

2. Levels
Its just a straight run... nothing really to do or see... just right to the exit and thats it. Not to mention the speed pads were useless since Sonic already goes at full speed.
Not to mention I had no fuggin clue what to do at times due to the poor way you brought everything over... no instruction or ANYTHING...
It was try and try again... everytime ending in a little case of what I like to call DEATH!!
And there is not much to the levels either... all were very basic in design and how they all looked...
Not to mention the enemies got me a LOT of unfair deaths due to being hit while going off of a spring.

3. Music
Yes, you used the Sonic 2k6 music... so what is my complaint? YOU USED SONIC 2k6 MUSIC!! The wad did REALLY not need to be that big... yet it WAS becuase you just had to use it all.

There were a few interesting ideas here but all of the few that there was because quickly overshadowed by the fact that this "Mod" is very very bad.
I had to force myself to keep playing it and beat it just so I could make a full valid review of this thing.

I am sorry but like I have said before: Sonic 2k6 or any of the console Sonic titles do not translate over well to SRB2....
Its unoriginal and all of the time ends up being very very horrible like this level pack.

To everyone looking for this to be a fun experience and wanting to download this pack, I have the following advice to give you:

STAY THE HELL AWAY AND GO BUY THE ACTUAL GAME!!!

Harsh, but that pretty much said what was needed to be said. Sonic's sprite had weird orientation (he's standing in the air, practically), plus the majority of the levels were very bare, and in Kingdom Valley, it took me too long to figure out what to do at the bouncy part (which you can't beat if you kill the Jettyson the wrong way). The movement was rather strange. The spindash tended to flail me off the edge far too often, and the homing attack was much too slow. It just didn't feel right at all.

Its WAY to hard, the enemy's should shoot slightly slower... And, if you try to select next-gen sonic in the "setup player" it turns off... Other than that, its really good.

I serioiusly wouldn't worry about the character wad at all until the level problems and the wad's identity crisis are fixed...
Lets face it, the character wad part here is the easy part, concentrate on the HUGE problems first.

*spots problem from experience*
Missing textures!
srb20005.png

Wow, a lot of bad comments.
Okay, like Kroze did I will give a review, though it may not be as harsh.
Character
First off, the running sprites are some what wonky, work on those.
Secondly, the Super Sonic characters was screwy, it reminds me of dD_daz's wad were the still animations run directly into the full speed super running ones. Over all fix the Normal Sonic running frames and the character will be better.
Levels
They would be perfect expect for the fact they have the damnable SA mode running. I know this is supposed to mimic the gameplay of STH06 but that's one feature we could do without.

Additional
Okay, I have absolutely no idea why Dreams of an absolution is in one of the levels.
I also don't like the name sign.
newname.png

I think this should be good, it's not really the name itself it's the emerald next to it.

I think that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back